PDA

View Full Version : Color in spray bombs

Twentyover
08-22-2009, 09:01 PM
OK, a long time ago when I was young and stupid, I painted the engine compartment of my Euro-Capri black (my first REAL car). This car is constructed of sheet metal torque boxes, and they tend to look better when painted body color. I'm working on closing holes and hiding the wiring, and want to get some color sprayed onto these panels.

I've heard i can get spray cans filled w/ paint coded according to body color. How do i do this, where do I go? Who can can my color in a ready to spray bomb for me?

Is there hope?

86Cutlass383SR
08-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I know it is possible. When I lived in Washington State back in the early 90's there was a place I worked at that would get paint mixed and put in aerosol cans.

Since you live in the "Burbs of Detroit" I'd start making some calls. I don't know of anyone in particular, though. Sorry.

Twentyover
08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Following up on this-

I went to the local PPG store and had him mix a pint for me. The guy said he could put it into 3 spray bombs, or I could use the Preval system.

Basically, it consists of a cup for the paint and a can of carrier gas (I'm assuming something like the stuff they use in spray cans.)

Anyway, figure this is close to the best I'll be able to do.

also stopped at harbor fright to look at the $15 gravity feed gun Ron Swartz said he was using for the Muttstang, I may eventually spring for that....