PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a local machine shop...

Twentyover
08-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm located in Clarkston, about 25 miles NW of Pontiac MI. I need a small machine shop or hobbyist machinist to turn a pilot bearing adapter for me so i can put a T5 behind the awesome power of the massive 2.9L I'm putting in a Capri (may need 2-3, as i'm planning on a 4.0 in a year or two, after I sort the FI on the 2.9).

Anyway, my engine shop (I use two) is 1) way busy and not interetsed- his equipment is specialized. has an old engine lathe in the back, but you can tell it's not been used in years, or 2) a moron who doesn't know how to think about anything but what his instructor told him to do in class.

I'm looking for somone who has a 6" swing lathe and can turn a couple of diametral steps, along w/ boring a hole for a roller pilot bearing.

If I was back at my prior job in Cali, i'd be doing this myself, but as you can see, I'm not.

If anyone is interested in a few bucks changing hands, i don't want to spend a month's pay, but it's worth it to me to get this done now, rather than later.

Email me if you 1) know someone in tghe area or 2) interested in helping a guy out