PDA

View Full Version : Optima Ultimate Street Car volunteers requested

justimagine
08-21-2009, 11:23 AM
The OPTIMA Batteries Ultimate Street Car Invitational presented by Ridetech has grown beyond our wildest imagination. The car count is still the same, but the media and PR for the event is growing daily. We want to get as many enthusiasts and like-minded individuals involved as we can, and I know many of you on this forum have expressed your wishes to be at the event. I'm looking for 10-15 individuals that would like to be part of the OUSCI race control team. We have opportunities for the tech, timing & scoring, and operations team. We can't pay your way to SEMA but if you're in the area and want to hang out an extra day, you can be part of the Ultimate Street Car team. We'll make sure you have a ride from Vegas to Pahrump and back, and each team member will receive a special OUSCI team t-shirt, breakfast and lunch at the track, and special recognition at the awards ceremony.

The event is Saturday November 7th, gates open at 7am and close at 5pm. We will try to have an organizational meeting one day during the SEMA event to make sure we have everything in place, and we'll buy dinner or lunch there too. If you're interested in joining the team, please email me at [email protected] and let me know what team you'd like to join. Thanks everybody for your consideration, we're looking forward to a kick-a$$ event!!

Larry Callahan
10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Bump.. We still need people to help.

wiedemab
10-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Larry,

I am tentatively signed up to help. Can you elaborate a bit as to what exactly we would/will be doing?

Thanks,

Brandon

notchbackgta
10-18-2009, 04:19 PM
I have not heard back about vounteering....

79-TA
10-19-2009, 12:01 AM
I sent an email on August 22 and never received a response of any kind.

Larry Callahan
10-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I asked about this and should have word soon. We still need about a dozen people.

justimagine
10-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey Brett, My apologies for no response, I went back and checked my in-box and sure enough it was there - I actually put you on the list then, not realizing I didn't get back to you. I sent you an email yesterday, please send me your contact info and we can discuss the details of what part of the event you'd like to work.

For anyone else that's interested, please email me at [email protected] and we can talk about getting you involved. We've got cool t-shirts and swag for the OUSCI Pit Crew.

Chucks73
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Jimi, You have mail.

79-TA
10-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Email sent.

Any ideas for rooms? I'm thinking of booking a night at the Las Vegas Super 8.

79-TA
10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
and now checking out pahrump rooms . . . not sure why I didn't do that first

YancyJohns
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Rooms = https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58188&page=6 post #106

Larry Callahan
10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Better call soon. I took the second to last room this morning at Best Western. I called all the Pahrump hotels and they all said they were sold out.

MCMLXIX
10-20-2009, 10:47 PM
I signed up to help on Saturday...

showa
10-23-2009, 07:08 PM
I also signed up to help...
I did not want to miss another chance to see so many of the cars I read about in my backyard for an event.....

I have a crew cab dodge that can't tow very good (tiny motor) but can carry stuff if someone needs.....