PDA

View Full Version : ma. new england area racing?

chevnut55
08-21-2009, 05:28 AM
any one know of any events here in n.e. ma. area? i built my car to race and found thee is no place to do it..ill take track days.. solo one..the only thing i found is spectator drags it the local circle track,i tryed it with a car i didnt care about but the faster cars usually all camaros trun it into a demo derby..i dont want to smash my 70k 72 ss to have fun with it,even the local drag strip is over 3 hours away in another state and usuall it is raining when i get there.they say take it to a track dont speed or street race...so where do i do that? summers ending and i need to use what i built before i sit and look at it all winter long dissapointed.

XLexusTech
08-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Hello. Same problem here. But thier are grudge nights open trck days and bracket racing @ new England dragway.

Also NHMS has days you can run on the road cource. What kind of racing do you want to do?

Where in MA are you?

Damn True
08-21-2009, 06:37 AM
SCCA auto-x?

chevnut55
08-23-2009, 07:04 AM
im near cape cod ma.my camaro is built to cange to any type of racing with a wheel change/shock adjustments/few other things and im good to go. i have been to n.e. dragway a few times,but with the distance..traffic this time of year..and only making a few runs because its the only track around its not so fun anymore. would love to go a auto x at nhis ,but it seems info is hard to get..i hate to go all the way there to be turned away or only alowed on the track with a instructor for a lap or 2. solo 1 sounds the eazy way to have fun ,but when i look up events its usually a poche,ford or corvete club event thet tell me to just show up at 7 am..its a 2 hour drive! and they will let me know. there should be alot more things to do with your car becides sit near it at a show ..unless it like the ones i see in other states with all kinds of events in one place..to me it seperates the true machines from the looks only cars...im the only one with harneses and a fire system..and i drive with my exhaust cut outs open!

XLexusTech
08-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Hook up with Jake at Jakes Rod shop. He runs the hell out of his car a several times a year at NHMS. He also does Auto X up here. Suggest you make it to Skips in merrmiack for thier sat night cruise night. typically about 900 cars. Your could to get some answers if you network there. Additionaly if you ever wanted to do a day an epping let me know I can host you I am 20 mins away. Saw you a few hrs of stess.

NOT A TA
08-23-2009, 10:06 AM
NASA has gotten together with the SCDA and runs HPDEs at the road courses in New England. The new pavement at Lime Rock is smooooth!! http://www.nasaproracing.com/proracing/index.html You could also go to track days with the manufacturer branded clubs, several of which allow any kind of car to run. The draw back to road course sign ups is rain. They run rain or shine no refunds.

Damn True
08-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Very few marque club events prohibit out of marque participation. Spend 10 min on google and you should be able to find a scheduled event with contact info.

68sixspeed
08-23-2009, 05:17 PM
If you want to go road course- driving schools are the way to play, you get an in-car instructor, class time, etc- I mostly do SCDA, but I started with BMW club. (they don't allow targa top cars anymore) www.scda1.com

PDA is also good, http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/

They do autocross at Devens field north of Boston. Another good place to check is www.motorsportsreg.com

The new event for NE is a mile and a half drag race in Maine, but they run similar rules to Bonneville, full cage needed for over something like 140mph.

-Dan

hotrdblder
08-24-2009, 07:36 PM
com sports car club, runs test sessions 4 20-30 minute sessions, 2nd day is time trials, instructors do not hold you back if you have control of your car, once your good to go you get licensed, a license is not easy to get as it holds water with most other clubs/ sanctioning bodies.
you will not get your time trial license in one weekend or two or 3. however the instructors teach the fast way around the track, not the safe driving experience way.
you just need to try it, car will not be turned away as long as its safe..
btw, they run 3-4 away events every year, this year was watkins glen and mt tremblant, both insane tracks.
theres 2 more nhms events this year.

chevnut55
08-25-2009, 06:27 AM
a mile and 1/2 in maine! i cant belive i havent herd about that..my car has all the safty to go 9s at the strip but the cage is 6 point(no hoop). i think i will look into getting licenced a nhis .does having a instructor mean i need both harness up to date? and when are the dates for the school? i wanted to get in some practice at devens before i do that,but the dates seem limited. i do plan on taking 2 of my cars to n.e. drag way the 72 and my pro st. 55 chevy. at seakonk speedway they have 100' drags..i did it in my factory 5 cobra ..it was way to short a 100' burn out in 2nd gear ,but it was fun..but not worth taking a faster car. it would be great if they just added some fun to local shows..its tough to pay for the race fuel never mind fueling the truck for a long trip with a trailer and getting a place to stay. but summers endin..need to have fun fast! thanks for letting me know about the events .if you see a hugger orange camaro say hi.

ponchopwr70
09-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Fort devens has autocross there are 2 events in october that I will be attending.