PDA

View Full Version : Hi, there!

rixtrix1
08-19-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm Ric From the Phoenix area. Got a 2000 S-10 LS X-cab ZQ8 daily driver that I want to play with a bit. The guys at protourings10.org said that this was the place for info on suspension mods, so here I am. I try to do all the fabrication myself, both for the satisfaction as well as to keep costs down. Right now I'm in the middle of narrowing a B-body 8.5" , 30 spline rear axle using a jig I built myself and I'm looking at rear suspension options to replace the leafs. Also doing is a 12" front brake project using modified B-body knuckles( I know, they're bad!) and 1LE rotors, but I have less than $250 into the brakes and rear axle ( including a homemade axle narrowing jig) so far. Mods to date are a Flowmaster aftercat, Bilstein shox, 17x8 TorqThrust II wheels and a driveshaft aligment kit from JTR.I'm not into building the ultimate track car out of this, but I know I can do much better than stock to make the drive to work more interesting!

I'm a 57 year old ASE master tech, L1, and have been into motorsports for over 40 years. AutoX'ed a GT350 and GT500 back when they were cheap, then got married, moved, had a family, yada yada. I've had my 1966 Malibu since 1971 and it's gone from daily driver in college to NHRA Stock and Superstock in the middle '70's to bracket/streetracer/topend runner with way too much nitrous to it's current reincarnation for Super/Street. It was never a perfect car, so I don't mind modifying it. Put together a 67 Nova for my general manager with a TCI front clip and QA1 coilover conversion, G-bar 9" rear on Varishock coilovers, 14" wilwoods and a 510 hp LS6 from Turnkey with a 700r4. It's got 20x10 with 275's in the rear and 19x8 with 245 front. Just finished a 95 Mustang GT street/track for a friend. Installed an 8 point cage, subframe connectors, UPR front xmember, LCA's and Tokico coilover struts with MM strut plates, UPR adjustable rear arms and mount reinforcement kit, MM panhard bar kit, QA1 single adj. coilovers, 8.8 with Cobra Tracloc, 3.73, and Moser axles. It has Cobra brakes f/r and Cobra 17x9 wheels with 275/40 tires. For now it's a 5.0/5 speed, but a Procharged 331/6 speed is on the way, so I'm not really out of it, having spent time at various driving schools, too; just haven't had a ton of time or money to play with. This place seems to have a wealth of ideas and knowledge, which is what I'm looking for now. Thanks for having me.

Ric

Ralph LoGrasso
08-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Welcome to the site, Ric. If you get a chance, post some pictures of your projects.

1971CHEVELLE
08-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the site

icebird84
08-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Welcome to PT Ric

rixtrix1
08-21-2009, 08:56 PM
The Nova is back in the shop, after having the exhaust done, for storage while Nick at Interstate Interiors(?) is finishing up the interior, so I'll get pics tomorrow. The Mustang will be in sometime next week, so I'll get pics then, too.

What's the format for transferring pic to the forum? Never mind, found it and already set up to post pics.

Ric

NOT A TA
08-22-2009, 05:25 AM
Welcome Ric! Sounds like you'll fit right in on this forum.

rixtrix1
08-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Thanks, John.

Ric