PDA

View Full Version : GW vs DSE Upper Control Arms Poll

4MuscleMachines
03-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Just wondering what feedback you can give me...what is better, Global West with del-alum bushings or DSE with their bushings?? Application is for 67-69 Camaro. I am leaning towards GW...Thanks!

jeffandre
03-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Saw a set of DSE arms on eBay today...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4540024459&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Mean 69
03-31-2005, 06:56 PM
I have GW's. I vote for DSE, times two. Neither will turn your car into a Daytona 24 Hr. winner, but the DSE arms are far nicer in my opinion.

M

4MuscleMachines
03-31-2005, 07:17 PM
Can you use QA1 coilovers with the DSE's along with GW lowers? I dont think DSE has tubular lowers...

Silver Spur
03-31-2005, 07:48 PM
DSE does have lower control arms and they are better than GW in my opinion.

ss dave
03-31-2005, 07:51 PM
On another site this same topic was discussed and I believe the choice was GW. David Possi had some things to say on that subject and I respect his experience. I believe GW was chosen becuase of the chamber that was built into their product. I have GW on my 69 SS Camaro and couldn't be more pleased. great product.

TitoJones
03-31-2005, 08:25 PM
Both will get the job done. Budget minded should go with the GW stuff, if you have the money to spend, you'll never be disapointed with a DSE product.

Tyler

ss dave
03-31-2005, 09:28 PM
I have their Bright Lights. After trying 3! different types of headlights, DSE were the only ones that worked well, easy install and great looks! DSE have fine products also. No complaints wuth them, great friendly svc.

baz67
04-01-2005, 07:44 AM
~Silver Spur, how are the DSE lowers better? Please expand on that.

~Mean69, how are they nicer? If it is just looks, I agree.

Geometricly the arms are different. The GW has more "built in" caster than the DSE. IMO the DSE looks better. There really would not be a noticable different "feel" in performance between the two. It boils down to what you want to spend your cash on.

Brian

Mean 69
04-01-2005, 08:08 AM
I feel that the DSE arms were engineered better than the GW's. Both work fine, and you'd likely be hard pressed notice any differences in handling, etc, with them installed on a given car, with similar alignment specifications. The DSE arms have an added feature that I thought was super trick, the caster adjustment bushings. With these, you can dial in similar caster to the GW arms (which is pretty steep, about 6 degrees or so), or you can back it off a bit by using the other location, which may be handy for folks using manual steering. Quality of the arms themselves is pretty similar, but in EVERY encounter I have had with DSE, I have been completely satisfied. In EVERY encounter I have had with GW, I have been completely dissatisfied, including being lied to point blank (I ordered my UCA for the Camaro a few years back, and specifically asked if they had them in stock. Of course, the answer was yes, but I did not get them for about four weeks. Further, the lower strut rods I ordered for my Mustang was an even worse situation). Things may be different now, GW was basically the first to offer such products, and your mileage may vary in dealing with them.

Mark

68BNUT
04-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Well I just got my GW upper and lowers and they did tell me that the lowers would not be back from powder coating for a week this was a few weeks back. They sent me the uppers imediatly, and then when the lowers were ready they shipped the lowers and tubular tie rod connecters 3 day to me no extra charge. So I have heard some poor customer service stories about GW but usually the only people who say anything are the ones who did get bad service, while the ones who didnt get bad service are to busy working on there cars to reply.

Lowend
04-01-2005, 07:07 PM
The upper a-arms functionally are the same thing. I agree that the DSE arms are a little prettier, but the GW arms ain't shappy looking either.
The Lower A-arms have no performance advantages over the stock units (with Del-A-Lum bushings installed) what-so-ever.

chicane67
04-01-2005, 08:41 PM
My input would be spring rate and actual chassis usage related.

One is more advantageous with a higher rate and the other would work better with a lesser spring rate. I like them both....honestly. But it would come down to end/real time use for the actual selection.

The caster adjustment in the shaft is a novel idea, but the useable settings in the 'window' for a street or track set-up, are not going to vary much at all. So, having the bushings in the shafts really only help if you are going to use the chassis for low to mid-speed autocross where you might want to dial out the caster as much as possible.....like around 1 to 3 degrees positive. If this a direction you are wanting to go specifically, I would lean to the DSE arms

But Global has it hands down for a proven control arm on the street, as well as, the track. Not to mention the "nicer to your pocketbook" price. But my question to you is, what are you going to run for spring rates and how ae you going to drive the car??