PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin title question

hhijleh
08-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Anyone have any luck with Broadway Title or getnewtitle.com in the state of Wisconsin? I have heard that these are a waste of money and time.

I bought a 68 camaro from a gentlemen about 5 years ago with a bill of sale. He is not the titled owner. I dont know how to find the owner on the title, he had the car as a project for at least 5 years. The car is a shell. The VIN# is clearly readable on the dash. No funny buisness. I would obviously just like to get the title for my car and be done with it. Some have suggested buying another title/tag from someone and licensing that. To me that seems a little mickey mouse.

Anyway, if anyone has had any experience with anything like this, trying to get titles etc. and the best way to do it. Broadway title call MN,WI "hard states" to get stuff done in. I guess down south Georgia etc. you can get a car title a bill of sale on a napkin in crayon but up here its tougher.

thanks fellas

TheOtherStyle
08-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Wi isn't as hard as they make it out to be. A couple years ago I purchased an 85 Toyota pickup without a title. I called the DMV in Madison, talked with the specialty title office.

They told me to fill out the MV1, send in a copy of the bill of sale along with a written statement of why it came with no title. 2 weeks later I had a title and plates in hand.

Give it a shot. The worst they can do is say no dice.

PRO TC
08-28-2009, 08:51 PM
id just call your local dmv thay will send someone out to look at the numbers. and then issiue you a bonded title. after two years the bonded parts drops off and its a normal title. bonded means you need a a different inssurance that way if someone comes foward your covered . at least thats how it works in iowa. if its not stolen dont be scared. should be easy
Barry

hhijleh
08-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Wi isn't as hard as they make it out to be. A couple years ago I purchased an 85 Toyota pickup without a title. I called the DMV in Madison, talked with the specialty title office.

They told me to fill out the MV1, send in a copy of the bill of sale along with a written statement of why it came with no title. 2 weeks later I had a title and plates in hand.

Give it a shot. The worst they can do is say no dice.

Since the first time i posted this I also have called Madison...I called our local office and another number in madison, nobody knew what they were talking about and it turned into a big pain....as Theotherstyle mentioned, I talked to the specialty office, the actual guys that will get what I send in and it was such a relief to talk to people that knew what was going on!!!

Its really not that bad, Like mentioned, i have to take some pictures, give a detailed description of how i got the car and then take out a surety bond for 5 years I think, which is not that much money....as suspected, Getyourtitle.com and Broadwaytitle.com at least in the state are worthless and in my opinion a bit shady...JMO

All in all I had a trooper buddy come out and verify the VIN # (hidden as well) and sign a sheet of paper saying he did so...its going to end up probably being quicker and cheaper than one of the title companies anyway...and 100% legit

Just have to mail the paperwork now and see how long it takes to come back, project completion date will be in winter anyway so as long as its before spring i'm fine..

Once you talk to the specialty office etc. and explain your situation the gentlemen told me he could tell I was being "very thorough" in my questions of what they wanted and were looking for and what they needed from me so he was more than helpful and was one of the first that I didnt feel like he was trying to get me off the phone as soon as possible

TheOtherStyle
08-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Glad to hear it went well for you!