PDA

View Full Version : Success!!

442_Mustang
08-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Ok, I repainted my stupid car after all that hassle of digging it out and rewelding my quarter panels and using a body filler that is not too easy to sand but today I pushed it outside and when the sun finally came out, that seam is finally gone. It looks pretty much the same but not sanded and buffed. Hopefully I can get back up there and wet sand it and clear it next weekend It feels good to have the problem solved but i cant help feel a bit cheated because of all the late nights of work and the cost of materials and extra BS that goes along with it only to have it look pretty much like it did before i had buffed it. And yes, I know the date on the pix is wrong. It's my wifes camera and I don't use it very much but while I was downloading the pix to my computer I did figure out how to set the date.:-):idea:

gearheads78
08-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Thats awsome. I am sure you are saving many people lots of headach by sharing what happened.

442_Mustang
08-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I hope so. It really tore me up to work so hard on my all time fave car and to have it show that seam. BTW, Richard, Thanks for letting me know about this site. I dig it.:)
derrick

Roadbuster
08-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Looks fantastic! I am impressed in the amount of work you did to fix it! All done and then back to bare metal to start over. Wow

Jon