PDA

View Full Version : Lower suspension bolt for a MII

ADaughen
08-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Any of you suspension guys still have a stock MII lower control arm with useable bolts? I need two lower control arm shock bolts. I have to cut mine off when I'm replacing the shocks and springs. :(

Dealership and parts stores around here say they can't get them. I either need to source the bolt online or get a proper size and grade and talk to a local shop.

JRouche
08-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Its prolly ten bucks worth of bolts. Im assuming you dont have a fastenal or grainger locally. The mailing of them wont be much. I have bought bolts from both companies for my MII arms and they are top of the line bolts. IMO prolly better than a used bolt. Am I missing something, just common grade 8 bolts right. JR

ADaughen
08-13-2009, 04:21 AM
JRouche, I think I have a Grainger down by work somewhere...

Thanks,
Adam

ADaughen
08-13-2009, 04:31 PM
One of the Pinto guys came through on the size:

7/16 14 x 4.5 Grade 8.

I'm going to stop by Grainger on the way to work tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll have her standing on her own again by end of week.

JRouche
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Sweet. Gonna be up and out soon. Dont forget grainger also sells PFC (high quality) bolts in "grade nine" also. You dont need them for shock mounts. But for me I swapped in some shockwaves (like coilovers) in place of the shocks so ALL the car weight is on the bolt. So a 5/8" in grade nine was nice to see. JR
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/viewCatalogPDF.shtml?browserCompatable=true&adobeCompatable=true&toolbar=false&CatPage=2486

One of the Pinto guys came through on the size:

7/16 14 x 4.5 Grade 8.

I'm going to stop by Grainger on the way to work tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll have her standing on her own again by end of week.

ADaughen
08-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Well, it'll be rolling. It is still quite a ways off from being out. :/

I need a few more parts here and there and someone to fix my engine hoist.

ADaughen
08-14-2009, 05:43 AM
I went in this morning and told the nice gentleman at the counter I needed two bolts in that size. He said he had them in boxes of 10 and 50. Like I needed to decide if I wanted 8 extra or 48 extra. :lol:

That's a pretty cool store. I might have to poke around their website and see what other types of bolts they have.