PDA

View Full Version : New guy here

tnbandit
08-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. Wanting to get tips and ideas for a better handling 78 Trans Am. I have a set of solid body mounts, sfc, and g braces from pro-touring f-body.com. I also plan on ordering their GT or Comp suspension kit, along with sway bars and prolly front steering rebuild kit. My only complaint so far is their lack of detailed instructions with their products. I'm not completely sure how the sfc install and the solid mounts i have a question too. i know i can use the smaller spacer on top of the frame to lower the body about a half inch. But can I not put either spacer on top and lower the body an inch? Or would that cause a problem or be too low? I want the car to have a good stance and handle better, but I want it done right. I also plan on bolting in mt sfc then taking it to get welded in. Could I leave the bolts in for extra security purpose or is that just overkill or extra weight? Any body have pics or video of a bolt on install for a 2nd gen f-body? And where exactly do these G braces go and connect to? Sorry for all the questions. And early thanks to any answers and illustrations i receive.

ProBell
08-12-2009, 02:25 AM
I can not help with your questions but welcome to the site. Their is a lot of good information available on this site. Good luck with your project. Randy

1971CHEVELLE
08-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Welcome to the site

icebird84
08-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Welcome to protouring , 78 Trans Am one of the best

tnbandit
08-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the welcome! I hope to learn and maybe contribute to this site.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the site. If you don't receive any answers to your questions in this thread, try reposting them in the Suspension forum and I'm sure someone will be able to provide you an answer.