PDA

View Full Version : PROTC needs wiper motor help!!

WELTERRACER
08-24-2004, 06:49 AM
He hasnt been able to install his wiper motor because it wont clear the big block tall valve covers on his 67' camaro!

Is there a smaller or different wiper motor he can install to clear the valve covers??

Thanks in advance! :hail:

mdprovee
08-24-2004, 06:52 AM
I know DSE sells a wiper motor, I believe they say it will clear BB covers. It has a few speeds also. Give them a call.

Mike

camcojb
08-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Yes, the DSE unit clears the big blocks even with tall covers.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/zl1motor7-1.jpg

Jody

WELTERRACER
08-24-2004, 08:10 AM
How much does it cost?

Zefhix
08-24-2004, 08:55 AM
$300...
I emailed them to ask them if they make one for my 70 Chevelle. I haven't heard back yet.... :cool:

Radio Joe
08-25-2004, 04:41 AM
There was a post on the old board on how to install a VW jetta wiper motor inside the cowl. I'll see if I can have it dragged over here.

derekf
08-25-2004, 05:06 AM
I think one of these two is the one being referenced:

KLR SHRK
(3/14/04 3:35 am)
Reply Hiding the wiper motor--1st gen Camaro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,

I hate the looks of the wiper motor on the firewall! I just pulled the upper panel under the windshield off and took a long look. There has to be some cool way to nix the exterior firewall side mount.

Anybody done this?

I have a couple of thoughts right now.

1. cut, weld, modify, etc, a way to put the motor on the inside of the wall, shorten the thrust arm and weld in a recess for the motor and arm to clear.

2. create a dummy fixed mount bearing plate for the exiting arm to stay in place, then connect a heavy duty cable to the bearing place and relocate the motor somewhere else where it can operate the action via cable.

3. Two, install a pair of street rod/hot rod motors under each arm pivot, wire in series and let them each do their thing.

4. look the bone yard over for imports, etc, until I can find the most simple small unit to make it all happen.

p.s.--how can I set this forum board so that I get notification of a reply to a topic?

o1mrquick
(3/14/04 9:03 am)
Reply wiper set up
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there, Overkill put a VW motor on in the cowl, looks liks a nice set up...but his bracket was abit too beefy...or might I say "overkil" uhhmhaaaaa haa do a search on the subject...I think it was in the electrical section.The new GM and Chrysler ones are another smaller choice... c-yaa o1

KLR SHRK
(3/14/04 10:03 am)
Reply Thanks
Thank you!!!!!!!

I just cruised his website and sent him an email.

KLR SHRK
(3/14/04 5:26 pm)
Reply did it
His email came back with an error.

I went ahead and messed around with this today.

I ended up fabricating a spacer to one of my corvette headlight conversion brackes and running a 97 firebird headlight motor. I took the speed control out of the stock camaro wiper motor assembly. It all fits nice and neat behind the cowl.

I doubt the headlight lift motor has the ability to last as long as a stock wiper motor, but considering this is not a daily driver, and is not expected to be out in the rain that often, it should work fine.

I will keep my eyes out for a 85 VW motor as well. That looked like a great fit too.

ILLEGAL69
(3/14/04 5:15 pm)
Reply Re: did it
I am just finishing up a hidden wiper motor. It was easier than I thought it would be.

I bought a new ford unit from a surplus store. I welded in a bracket inside the cowl. I placed the new motor so that the shaft is in the same place but pointed the other way. The motor assembly came with a arm so I cut off the old one and welded on the new one facing the other way.

The wiring is a bit tricky. But with 2 relays and an IC chip I am able to keep my old switch with 2 speeds. I am lucky the motor had a shaft location contact. So I can turn off the wipers mid-wipe and they don't turn off untill they go all the way to the bottom.

If you give me your e-mail I can e-mail you some pics.

Edited by: ILLEGAL69 at: 3/14/04 5:17 pm

Overkill13
(3/14/04 5:30 pm)
Reply Re: did it
Not sure why the email bounced. Send one to overkill @ camaroheaven.org (take the spaces out to make the email address...) Mine is a little overkill, but I wanted to make sure that it held because mine will be as much of a daily driver as I can drive it...

For those that may be interested:
Hidden Wiper Motor setup

Overkill
CamaroHeaven.org

Edited by: Overkill13 at: 3/14/04 5:31 pm

KLR SHRK
(3/15/04 3:28 am)
Reply email
Please, email me any info you have about the wiper conversion.

[email protected]

My electrical worked by yanking the speed control out of the stock motor and wiring it to the new motor. I am not sure of the longevity the firebird headlight motor. I would feel better about an actual OEM motor.

BTW--I am sorry if my threads are jumping all around. My computer does not like this forum format. I have to log back on everytime I reply, then it throws my replys in new threads. I am sure I am doing something wrong.

OVERKILL, your site is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I clicked right on the email link on your site. That one bounced.

Overkill13
(3/16/04 10:36 am)
Reply Thanks.
I sent you a reply to the email you sent me. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks on the site compliment. I put it up so that friends and family who are 2300 miles away can keep up with my car and a place for friends to put pictures of their cars online.

I searched and found the link you are talking about and changed it. I typo'ed the heaven part... Thanks for the heads up.

Overkill

paul67
Unregistered User
(3/17/04 12:48 pm)
Reply wiper motor
check page 4 on this section its been done by me some has got the pics and a wiring diagram as well it was started by me paul 67 in 02
paul67

Overkill13
(3/17/04 9:35 pm)
Reply Re: wiper motor
Paul, I have the pictures of your conversion on my site. I also have the wiring diagram that RadioJoe sent to me.

Wiper Conversion

Overkill
CamaroHeaven.org

keithq
(3/21/04 7:01 am)
Reply Wiring?
Hey guys.

I bought a wiper at Princess Auto, it was a surpluss item and ended up being a VW unit. I think it is a later unit because the pinout is a bit different.

Overkill, One problem I see with the wiring diagram you listed is that the park circuit has power even when the wiper switch is turned to high speed.

The park circuit should only get power when the switch is turned to the off position, that way when it is turned off it it is not in the park position it will park and that circuit will have no power once the switch is turned to low or high speed.

53A on the wiper motor should get power from the off position of the wiper switch.

Keith Quinn.

Overkill13
(3/21/04 11:05 am)
Reply Re: Wiring?
Keith,

On the VW wiper motor that I am using, the park circuit is activated by power being disconnected. There is a small window (about 15* or so) in the rotation of the arm that when power is disconnected, the arm is allowed to stop. I set it up on a bench to test it out so that I could make sure that it worked before putting it in the car. When there is no resistence on the arm, the wiper will just keep running even when turned off. With a little pressure on the arm it will stop in the window where there is no power passed from the wiper through the relay. If you have the switch turned off and move the arm outside this window, the motor will turn on the relay and it will go a revolution until it is back inside the window.

The wiring circuit was designed by a guy called Radio Joe who used to post here a lot. The Original Thread

Overkill
CamaroHeaven.org

keithq
(3/21/04 6:44 pm)
Reply Wiring.
Hey Overkill.

That is the same way that my circuit works.

Here is the problem with the way that you have your diagram done.

As soon as you turn the wipers on the park relay will energize ans supply power to the low speed contact on the motor. If you put the wipers on high speed, once the motors comes off of park it will send power to the relay and energize the low speed also and then it will cut the power for a split second as it passes park.

The park circuit only needs power when the switch is turned to the off position. Turn your wiper switch on and listen to the park relay, it will click in and out every time the motor passes park. By running the coil of the relay through the off connection on the switch you eill eliminate that from happening.

Keith Quinn.

Overkill13
(3/21/04 6:50 pm)
Reply Re: Wiring.
Do you have a picture of your circuit drawing so that I can see what you mean? I noticed that mine clicked every rotation, but figured that was the way it needed to be.

Thanks
Michael

Overkill
CamaroHeaven.org

keithq
(3/22/04 7:17 pm)
Reply Relay.
Hey.

You only need to change one wire to fix your circuit.

The way your motor is wired the 53A terminal has power all the time. That is the park circuit, it only needs power when the wipers are turned off, if the wipers are not in the park location then the power supplied to 53A will energize the relay, supply power to the low speed and park the wipers.

To do this you need to take the constant power that goes to terminal 53A and wire it to the off terminal on your wiper switch.

The wiper switch in just a three position switch, think of the off as park which goes to 53A, the low speed to 53 and the high speed to 53B.

Keith Quinn.

Overkill13
(3/23/04 12:33 am)
Reply Re: Relay.
Ok, makes some since to me, but I'm a little confused on how to run power from the off position on the switch. The stock '69 Camaro wiper switch only has 3 terminals on the back. One for low speed, one for high speed and one for power from the fuse box.Are you suggesting that I need to find a different type of switch that will feed power to a terminal when it is in the off position?

Thanks.

Overkill
CamaroHeaven.org

keithq
(3/23/04 5:50 am)
Reply Switch.
Yes if you don't want to use another relay then you need a new switch.

If you don't mind adding another relay you could run the wire that feeds the power to the park terminal (sorry I don't have your diagram handy) through the normally closed circuit on another relay, this will allow the wiper to get power when the relay is not energized. Then wire the high and low speed to the coil and then to the motor, this will energize the coil when the wipers are on and open the circuit for the park.

Keith Quinn.

Overkill13
(3/24/04 1:00 am)
Reply Re: Switch.
I don't think this is exactly what you are saying, but do you think that this would work?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/camaro_rebuild265revised-1.gif

Since 31B is a switch ground, I routed it to one of the relays.

Thanks...

Overkill
CamaroHeaven.org

Edited by: Overkill13 at: 3/24/04 1:00 am

keithq
(3/24/04 6:07 am)
Reply Wiring.
No that won't work.

You only need to interupt the park circuit, and the relay coil needs to be fed by the high and low speed so that both speeds will kill power to the park circuit.

I will draw it out tonight and see if I can put it on the site, if not I'll get your e-mail.

Keith Quinn.

Overkill13
(3/30/04 9:37 pm)
Hey Kieth, any update on the schematic?

Overkill
CamaroHeaven.org

kenova
Unregistered User
(4/10/04 1:36 pm)
Reply Wiper Motor
I noticed a few days ago that the '99 and up Chev/GMC trucks have a wiper motor setup that looks a lot like the one Overkill put together. Haven't had a chance to take a real close look at it, just thought I'd throw it out there as a possible option.
Ken

protourelky65
Unregistered User
(4/11/04 7:03 am)
Reply hidden wiper
Check out Tom Short's '68 in the cars section. He just moved the wiper motor over, under the fender and made the arm a little bit longer. You can't see it and there isn't much engineering involved.

Overkill13
(4/20/04 7:32 pm)
Any Update Kieth? I haven't had a chance to pull the wiper back out of the car and bench test some stuff. I might try this weekend though.

Thanks...

or

paul67
Unregistered User
(4/9/01 10:47 am)
Reply wiper motor
I have just fitted a VW golf or rabbit unit but cannont get into park anybody recommend a switch ?

protouring72
(4/9/01 9:18 pm)
what do you mean, can't get into park?

Radio Joe
Unregistered User
(4/9/01 9:27 pm)
Reply re:wipers
are you sure you set it up right? the VW manual tells you which position to put the arm on the motor. I would check that. cant recommend a switch yet, haven't been able to work on mine in a while.

paul67
Unregistered User
(4/10/01 1:14 am)
Reply wiper
park is when you switch the wipers off in any position and the motor carries on till the wiper arms go the the bottom of the screen,for radio joe when you switch the wipers off the switch should have a feed to a contact that is live in the off position only the original 67 camaro switch this is not there.

Radio Joe
Unregistered User
(4/10/01 8:19 am)
Reply Re: wipers
Can you use a relay? hook it up so that when the switch is off, it sends and ignition controled 12 volts to the contact. When you turn the switch on, it turns the relay on, disconnecting the 12 volts from that contact.
If the 12 volts doesn't turn off when then switch is on, then just run a wire to the contact.
I'm sorry I seem so misinformed about this, but I haven't gotten this far in my conversion yet. When I figured out the wipers would fit, I got all excited and told everyone, then my daily driver broke down and I haven't been able to get back to it.
how did you mount them? did you rotate the motor so it would fit into the cowl without modifying it? I found on my 69 the cowl had a brace in the way, so i moved it to the drivers side about 2 or 3 inches. -JOE-

paul67
(4/10/01 10:20 pm)
To radio joe i was able to fit motor inside the cowl at approx the same as original and able blank hole i had to brace it at the top by welding a small plate to themotor mount after cutting a piece off on the relay side that is my way of wiring it but elect at work recons that this will not work i'm going to see someone else as i sure it should work the way you say will know in couple of days

paul67
(4/20/01 4:24 am)
To radio joe have tried but no success acording to the elec when the wiper is switched off the should a live connector only live when the switch is in the off position which what i have not but it is this way on the original as i have the complete wiring and switch off the VW car being as this is not stopping the car going on the but the paint job is I will leave this to later date, you do manage to over come this prob please could you let me know also if i manage later I will contact you. paul

Radio Joe
(4/20/01 6:33 pm)
As soon as I get my subframe painted and back on the car, I will be finishing up my firewall work, and my wiper conversion. as soon as I get it done, I WILL post and let you know how I did it. probably wont be until next week.-JOE-

Jagarang
(4/24/01 6:05 am)
Reply Wipers
For RADIO...I've got a 69 Firebird and until reading these posts have never thought of a "wiper conversion". What exactly are we talking about here and what advantages does is hold over the stock setup that I've got now. My cars still in construction and at this point the firewall smoothing is beginning. I still have the opportunity to do something with it if its worth it. Thanks Kevin.

paul67
(4/24/01 7:52 am)
Reply Re: Wipers
Hi if you go for this conversion the wiper is hidden from view on the inside of the fire wall so the hole can be blanked off I found that the ball of the VW motor fitted the connector of my 67 but had to be lengthened slightly and put a small dent but you might not have to dent as i had the original hole to seal up it just takes a bit of jiggery pockery but they do fit you will have eighter make a new mount or cut and weld to the original.
if you have any probs e.mail me at
[email protected]

Jagarang
(4/24/01 9:04 am)
Reply Wipers
Im not understanding "inside the firewall"?? On my 69 i have a "filler panel" between the winshield and the rear edge of the hood. This piece has holes fabricated into it for the wiper mounting studs to "poke" through. Has anybody got any photos of this "hidden wiper" setup. Do you have to cut holes and fabricate metal to make this conversion happen?

paul67
(4/25/01 11:04 am)
Okey dokey if you remove the cowl vent grill on a 67 you will see where the wiper connecting arms move back and forth connected to the wiper motor,the VW motor is small enough to fit on the other side of the panel i.e inside not out in the engine bay as normal, called maybe a fire wall or bulk head ie the panel that the master brake bolts to, if you have a fax mc i will fax you a drawing if you want ?
paul

Jagarang
(4/27/01 1:44 pm)
AHHHHHHH....I have seen the light. Only the wiper motor is being mounted behind the firewall so that you can get that nice smooth cosmetic appearance in the engine compartment. That's a great idea!!!! I think I'll try it. Keep the information coming regarding your wiring troubles and such. Thanks for your patients and help. Kevin

Z51Cormaro
Unregistered User
(5/17/01 6:12 am)
Reply Wipers
Is the VW motor a positive ground unit like the original Camaro unit or is it negative ground? This is very important because a positive ground unit must be isolated to function properly.
Exactly what year VW is this motor from and how big is it? I have been searching for a way to move my wipers also. I have found two places on the passenger side to mount the original. One requires the heater to be removed which mine is and the other will eliminate the glove box, or both. The VW unit sounds more compact, is it?
Hope to talk more about this soon.

keithq
(5/17/01 9:41 am)
Z51Cormaro, By positive ground I assume you are refering to a negative trigger, like the dome light in your car, when the door is opened the door switch completes the ground circuit and brings the light on.
Most things are turned on or off by switching the positive lead, if you switch the negative it is refered to as a negative trigger.

Keith Quinn.

Z51Cormaro
Unregistered User
(5/18/01 6:44 am)
Reply Wipers
We could be talking about the same thing only with different words but just in case I will explain what I know about the GM wiper setup.
When you hit the wiper switch it completes the circuit with the ground ,the power is already at the motor ready to go. This is only at the park position that this occurs. When the motor revolves it leaves this point and goes to the contact inside the cover that is a circle with a blank spot for park. When the contact is made at this point the motor will continue with the switch off. This is because the current is going thru the wiper case to the chassis with the foil contact at one of the grommets. If you make a connection from the case to a part of the chassis while it is running you will get sparks. I believe this is why everything is isolated from the the chassis with those three grommets and one of them has a foil tab to the chassis.If you have ever bumped a wiper motor far enough it will take right off on its own. The park position is the only thing that breaks the circuit which is supplied all of the time.
So no matter how it is said the thing I was asking about is : Is the power supplied to the motor all of the time or is it totally off until turned on by the switch at all times ,not just in park? This important as to how it is wired .
Negative trigger is what I believe we are talking about in referring to the GM system.

paul67
Unregistered User
(5/18/01 10:09 am)
Reply wiper
Hi the vw is negative earth and the year is 85+ the wiring of the original switch off the jetta or rabbit is when the switch is in the off position there is a connection to the motor from the switch which is live only in the off possition which sends the wiper into the park position, on the GM switch that i have got i do not have this connection so when i switch off it stops. As i do not intended to use it much in the wet is it worth the hassle? also i'm fitting the washer bottle in the trunk paul

Z51Cormaro
Unregistered User
(5/19/01 6:34 am)
Reply wipers
I went to Pep Boys last night and taught the guy behind the counter how to search for custom parts like hidden wipers for a Camaro. After his initial bout of acting like he didn't know how, we proceeded with his education.
Pulling every box that was small from the shelf we found a 4 wire set up like the one you are describing.It weighs 3lbs and would fit very easily where you are installing yours. It doesn't have a connector like all of the others had, just 4 wires about 6in. long just waiting for a GM weartherpack connector. The dimensions are 7 1/4" long by 3 1/4" in diameter. The nose sticks out from the 3 point mount about 3/4".
Of all things it comes out of a 81-90 ford escort.These units are more available and less costly I believe. They wanted $74 after tax but a person could find tons of them on the side of the road. I bet we could find a whole escort for $50. Anyway Pep Boys Always stocks them so if you are putting in non stock parts on your car it is best to make sure of the price and availability too.
I am not in the same situation as the rest of you for I have given up the space for an engine. I am however able to move it to the passenger side in the glove box erea. The escort unit will fit all of the way to the right of the glove box now because of its size, this would not be the case if I had a 68 or 9 with astro ventilation.
I do like the fact that the escort motor weighs 3lbs to the stock one at 5lbs.
As far as the switch goes have you thought of putting in an aftermarket wiper delay switch? They are somewhat universal to wire by giving you multiple connections for different setups and come in either slide or dial type . J.C. Whitney has several that are priced reasonable and appear to be able to be modified to mount any way you want if you aren't afraid to disassemble it and add wire. A guy at work looked at a lot of autoparts stores and coundn't find any, so the Whitney idea is where we found what we were looking for.
One last note about the wiper delays is that some start the wipers immediately when you turn on the switch and some go through the time that is set on the delay itself before starting. Makes a difference when you really do need the wipers right when you hit the switch. I use Rain-X so the only thing I need wipers for is fog and the law.
The guy at Pep Boys now feels more confident and was surprised at how much he really knew if he just thought about what he does everyday.
Will talk more about this later, BY

Radio Joe
(6/17/01 9:42 pm)
Reply wipers
Paul67,
I'm sorry, i've been away for a while, my camaro was set aside, and I've been working on another project(need to finish it and sell it to make some $$$$ and get back to the camaro) anyway, just wanted to see how it was coming, anything new??

paul67
Unregistered User
(6/18/01 1:13 am)
Reply wiper + single wiper
Hi Radio joe have stuck with the vw wiper but looks like the escort might be the one to go for, still looking at a single wiper conversion, we have a car overhere called a citeron A/X that runs one and it looks like it might work and a friend owns one so i can have a good look, but at the moment getting car ready for paint
paul67

chevy72
Unregistered User
(6/18/01 2:49 am)
Reply chevelle
i was wondering if you guys know if this wiper motor conversion would work on my '72 Chevelle. I have a ton of room in the cowl but not quite sure. My buddy told me i might be able to use the motor out of an astro van. Any ideas about fitting it or lack of space, do i have more room than you early camaro guys?

Radio Joe
(6/18/01 6:52 pm)
Reply i have an idea
Paul67,
Ok I might have a way to hook up the vw motor with your existing switch(camaro). as I understand it, the problem you are having is that the switch should supply 12 volts to the motor when on, and supply 12 to the park circuit when the switch is off-correct?
If that is correct, try this. wire a relay with its normally closed contacts by connecting one contact to 12 volt ignition and the other contact to the "park" circuit. on the same relay wire the coil with one lead going to ground and the other going to the wire witch is powered when you turn the wipers on. wire the switch to the wiper circuit as you normally would.
If this circuit functions correctly, the park circuit will recieve 12 volts anytime the ignition is on. when you turn the wipers on, the switch will energize both your wiper motor and the relay you wired in. when the relay is energized, it will disconnect the 12 volt ignition from the park circuit. when the wipers are turned off, the relay will un-energize and re-apply 12 volts ignition to the park circuit, causing the wipers to park. I haven't looked at the schematic for the vw, so I'm going off of what you said above. I will try and draw a schematic for the circuit I just described, and you can let me know if you think it will work.

Radio Joe
(6/18/01 7:04 pm)
Reply got a schematic
If you email me, I will send the schematic I drew to you. My email is [email protected]

Radio Joe
(6/26/01 10:41 pm)
Reply Any luck yet?
Have you looked at the schematic? ideas?

paul67
Unregistered User
(6/27/01 2:07 am)
Reply wiper motor
Hi radio joe not yet trying to sort out house building plot but will try in the next couple of days paul67

paul67
Unregistered User
(8/3/01 2:42 pm)
Reply wipermotor
HI just to say still have not tried the wiring as the car is being painted also will then photo the way its been fitted into the car should be in the next 2wks sorryfor the delay. paul67

paul67
Unregistered User
(10/30/01 4:24 am)
Reply wiper motor
Hi
have pics of how the motor is fitted if anybody is interested can send them to you
paul 67

mo67cam
(10/30/01 9:53 am)
Please send the pictures to me
[email protected]
Thanks
Sean James 69 firebird w/ls1 t56 behind pontiac motor 67 convertible camaro

Radio Joe
(11/6/01 10:15 pm)
Reply Iwant pics too
Send them to me too, want to see how yours turned out. Any luck with the wiring?

paul67
Unregistered User
(11/8/01 7:52 am)
Reply wiper motor
Hi radio joe need email address or how do you post pics to message board ?
paul67

Radio Joe
(11/9/01 9:11 pm)
Sorry, its [email protected]

I havent been working on my camaro for a while, still trying to get the vette back together. How is the wiring? are you happy with the install?

paul67
Unregistered User
(11/10/01 1:09 am)
Reply wiper motor
Hi radio joe today sat i'm going sort the wiring out

paul67

Radio Joe
(11/11/01 12:52 am)
I am working on your wiring problem right now and will have a diagram to you by morning. I am assuming you are using the original wiper switch from the camaro?

paul67
Unregistered User
(11/11/01 1:17 am)
Reply wiper motor
Hi yes its out of the 67 camaro
paul67

Radio Joe
(11/11/01 2:44 am)
You should have the diagram now, let me know how it works out! I'm going to bed now.........

paul67
Unregistered User
(11/12/01 12:56 am)
Reply wiper
Hi have tried but no luck i think the park curcit is faulty so i will get it tested at work the pm mon then try again
paul67

Radio Joe
(11/13/01 8:54 pm)
Reply Re: wiper
Let me know what you find. I tried it with mine on the bench and it worked good.

paul67
Unregistered User
(11/14/01 1:28 am)
Reply wiper motor
Hi looks like the park curcuits no good will get another one in the next few days
paul67

paul67
Unregistered User
(11/15/01 5:13 am)
Reply wiper motor
Hi radiojoe I have tested motors on a golf and found the park does not work on them , is there any chance you could send a pic of the motor wired up on the bench ,

paul67

Radio Joe
(11/15/01 7:31 pm)
No problem, but it may take a couple of days.....

Radio Joe
(11/17/01 11:26 pm)
I sent another email with some things to look at, let me know how it works out-

paul67
Unregistered User
(11/18/01 7:26 am)
Reply wipermotor
Hi radio have not got yet
paul67

paul67
Unregistered User
(11/25/01 4:45 am)
Reply wiper
Radio joe
Finally got the park to work fault wiper motor and relay about to put in car thanks a lot
Paul

Radio Joe
(11/25/01 6:14 pm)
Reply Re: wiper
Glad to hear it!!!!!!let me know how the install goes and how you like the finished product!

Jagarang
(11/27/01 6:54 am)
Reply Photos please!
1969 Firebird may be receiving the same type of treatment. You mentioned an Escort wiper motor might be better? My e-mail is [email protected] if you wouldn't mind send a few pics of the firewall and wiper motor install. It might be easier for you to set up a photo album with yahoo and then leave the address for everybody to see. Its free and easy..i did it for my post in the "New Cars" forum for some construction pics of my car. Thanks for the interesting thread.

Edited by: Jagarang at: 1/3/02 6:50:47 am

paul67
Unregistered User
(11/27/01 7:24 am)
Reply wipermotor
Hi its in the car no probs and running , the escort motor is about the same size as was found in pep boys + might be easier to find in scrap yards will take some pics vw of it out of the car with brakt mods and being fitted in the few days I have a web site but needs updating which i have to get some else to do ,
paul67

Jagarang
(11/30/01 7:00 am)
Reply 2000 Caddy wiper motor?
You may have read about this option already and unfortunately it appears that the mounting is in the stock location but it sounds like a pretty go setup. Especially since the Tuckers are going to offer a bolt on kit which will offer intermittent and multiple speed wipers. An especially attractive option to those of us living in the aridly challenged northern amazon rain forest I call Florida.

Edited by: Jagarang at: 11/30/01 6:02:00 am

Dutch69camaro
(12/3/01 4:54 am)
Re: 2000 Caddy wiper motor?
Can anybody post some shots of the installed system, is the firewall clean with the vw motor?

paul67
Unregistered User
(12/3/01 2:55 pm)
Reply wipermotor
Hi yes the fire wall is clean all but for a small button headed bolt I'm trying to get a digi camera to take some pics but as i only run win 95 having trouble finding one but bear with me hope to post some soon with the unit out and being assembled and then fitted as it does work with the park as sorted by Radiojoe

Paul67

paul67
Unregistered User
(12/8/01 2:45 pm)
Reply wiper motor
Hi i have soom pics but do not know if they are any good as the process was out of my hands, if anybody wants them will post but take about 5 mins to down load

paul67

overkill
Unregistered User
(12/9/01 3:31 pm)
Reply I'd like to see.
I'd like to see them. I'm planning on doing this modification to my car. What was the final year of VW wiper motor that was used?

Overkill

mo67cam
(12/9/01 5:40 pm)
Reply Re: I'd like to see.
send the pics to me please
Sean James 69 firebird w/ls1 t56 behind pontiac motor 67 convertible camaro

paul67
Unregistered User
(12/13/01 5:01 pm)
Reply wipermotor
Hi sorry its taking a long time on the pics get new comp on fri with new cam so will send pics hopfully sunday
need email addresses or how do you send pics to message board
paul67

Jagarang
(1/3/02 7:51 am)
Reply Re: Photos please!
[email protected]

Edited by: Jagarang at: 1/3/02 6:52:24 am

Dutch69camaro
(1/3/02 8:53 am)
Re: Photos please!
[email protected]
I'm dying to see your pics, if you can't post them, mail them to me and i will get them up...

paul67
Unregistered User
(1/4/02 1:00 am)
Reply wipermotor
Happy new year everyone
Well got new comp running but the camera is playing up should be ready in the next few days cannont scan as the scanner does not support XP
paul67

paul67
Unregistered User
(1/10/02 3:22 pm)
Reply wipermotor
Pics are ready for anybody that would like them.

paul67

overkill
Unregistered User
(1/10/02 5:15 pm)
Reply I can post them if you need it...
Paul,

I'd like to see them. If you send them to me, I'll put them up on my site.

[email protected]

camaroheaven.fdns.net/

Thanks,

Michael

Dutch69camaro
(1/11/02 4:55 am)
Reply Thanks
Thanks for the pics Paul, did you get in the cowl yet?
The firewall look really smooth like that, gotta do this!!

overkill
Unregistered User
(1/12/02 1:22 am)
Reply I put them up...
I created a little page with the pics that Paul sent me. You can view it here:

http://camaroheaven.fdns.net/wiper.html

Overkill

Overkill
Unregistered User
(7/23/02 8:21 pm)
Reply Just in case anyone's still interested...
I emailed Radio Joe and got the wiring diagram for the circuit to connect the VW wiper motor to the '69 Camaro wiper switch. I added the picture to the page on my site.

Wiper Conversion (http://www.camaroheaven.org/modules.php?name=Auto_Gallery&pa=showpage&cid=36)

Overkill

I hope one of these is the one, anyway, since I couldn't find a better one.

PRO TC
08-26-2004, 08:01 PM
thanks guys ill give dse a call. but i do like the hidden idea so i might try that. i like to try to fab things
barry

David Pozzi
08-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Look at a Chevy Pickup unit, the non intermittent ones are very compact and simple. They have three mounting lugs, you'd probably have to redrill the firewall or make an adapter plate but it would be simple to do.

I bought the DSE version because I wanted the intermittent function and I don't have the time to invent one.
David