PDA

View Full Version : 64 Bel Air Wagon Spindles

COPO-RAT
08-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Anyone have any knowledge (or recommendations) of any aftermarket spindles for the 59-64 Full Size Chevys (particularly my '64 Bel Air Wagon)? I'm wondering if I should replace the spindles when I re-do the suspension, or if it's even a possibility. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

shmoov69
08-11-2009, 04:23 AM
I got McGaughy's (sp?) on my 58, which would be right for you. I think that they are ok, not the best, but ok.
I think that someone else makes them, but I can't remember who.

COPO-RAT
08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Shmoov69 - thanks for the info. I'm planning on running the Air Ride Level 2 kit on the wagon, and was wondering if an aftermarket spindle would help the steering/handling when I use this kit. I'm not necessarily looking for a drop spindle, as the Air Ride kit will handle that. I just didn't want to hinder the performance of the kit by using the stock spindles if they aren't sufficient. I will probably go with brakes from Kore3 (as I have used them on my truck) so I probably should talk to Tobin about what they offer for what spindle.
Thanks again!

shep
08-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I am sure they are different but the stock spindles look very similar to the GM a body spindles. I wonder if the AFX could be adapted?

Skip Fix
08-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Pretty sure the C2 spindles are just about a swap on, just reverse the steering arm on them.