PDA

View Full Version : Weekend autocross fun in the sun ...

mpozzi
08-10-2009, 05:35 PM
at Marina, CA. My friend Deanna (dogz67Chevelle) just got her car back from having a Hotchkis TVS suspension and control arm transplant and smoked the course with ease. Such an improvement over the "stinkbug at full attack" stance the 'Velle sported a couple of weeks ago.

Chevelle imitating a stinkbug ...
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/07/DSC_1002-1.jpg

A much improved Chevelle ...
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/08/DSC_0030-1.jpg

She's hooked and is looking to further upgrade the car with better seats and three-point belts, wheels and tires, and eventually better brakes.

I ran the horridly stock '02 Camaro SS with OEM rock rubber which 1) teaches me how to cuss really well, 2) teaches me that precision driving and patience can be rewarded, and 3) that this precision and patience stuff sucks as fun behind the wheel. Hurrying this car along only gets you into more trouble (read: pushing like a dump truck) and a slower time. There's no happy medium and it's a huge crevasse between being boringly smooth and having that "this is a Nationals winning run" moment. With this car, there's absolutely no "Nationals winning" moments ever!!! Between the ABS loving "ice mode" and soft suspension, I guess it is what it is ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

MrQuick
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Thats a sweet Chevelle. Glad she's using it like it was meant to be.

I thought you sold the Camaro and I thought you are already well versed in cussology? LOL

CurtiSS 69
08-10-2009, 08:16 PM
It's nice that the nasty positive camber during cornering is gone. It will save the white letters on the sides of the tires. Deanna did extremely well considering the course was very challenging even for the small light cars. It was the antithesis of an AAS course.

I think you beat my times even in your dump truck.

Seats and a 3 point belts....Maybe Deanna is ready for track events? Buttonwillow?

Regards

CurtiSS 69

zbugger
08-10-2009, 08:57 PM
...Such an improvement over the "stinkbug at full attack" stance the 'Velle sported a couple of weeks ago...

Heh... Mary said "Stance". Awesome....:smoke:

dogz67chevelle
08-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh come on now. It couldn't have been that bad. I went for two runs with you and I didn't even learn any new cuss words or nuthin'.

deanna

John Wright
08-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Deanna, The car looks great with it's new "stance".

Mary, I never liked the feel of the ABS either, and it doesn't take much to set off that pedal shake. Any semi hard braking efforts seem to lift the inside rear tire and you are off to "ice mode" as you call it.

James OLC
08-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Deanna, the car looks great! Do you miss the air shocks? Didn't think so. Looks like your driving is really coming around - awesome! :twothumbs

I ran the horridly stock '02 Camaro SS with OEM rock rubber which 1) teaches me how to cuss really well, 2) teaches me that precision driving and patience can be rewarded, and 3) that this precision and patience stuff sucks as fun behind the wheel. Hurrying this car along only gets you into more trouble (read: pushing like a dump truck) and a slower time. There's no happy medium and it's a huge crevasse between being boringly smooth and having that "this is a Nationals winning run" moment. With this car, there's absolutely no "Nationals winning" moments ever!!! Between the ABS loving "ice mode" and soft suspension, I guess it is what it is ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

And yet you still managed to finish what? First in F-stock? Just a tick behind the prepared guys? Is that right? You could probably drive a Reliant K-car with two flats and still do well (although the cussing might reach Canadian levels)... way to go!

CurtiSS 69
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
And yet you still managed to finish what? First in F-stock? Just a tick behind the prepared guys? Is that right? You could probably drive a Reliant K-car with two flats and still do well (although the cussing might reach Canadian levels)... way to go![/QUOTE]

James you make a good point. It would be difficult find to a car that Mary wouldn't win her class in. It would probably be connected to a tow truck. Now if David set the tow truck up and Mary was driving...I think the competition would still be in trouble. Although we might need earplugs to attenuate the profanity.

Regards

CurtiSS 69