PDA

View Full Version : Dynacorn convertible issues

Bmacey
08-09-2009, 01:54 PM
We are building 3 Dynacorn convertibles but we have a few issues that I need some help from anyone that has been through this already.

The top of the windshield on the drivers side does not lay down flat has 3/4 gap at the top corner on all 3 cars. Need to know where it is bent or not correct we think we need to push the piller post up at the top but do not know what that will do the side glass.

The convertible top mounts do not seem to be welded in correct the top sits to close to the drivers side

If Anyone else has built one of these please let me know what you have done to correct these issues

Thanks BRyan

TonyHuntimer
08-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Have you thought about contacting Dynacorn directly?

We want to see pictures!

I assume the windshield you're using isn't defective. I can only guess that there is some sort of problem with the jig they used while welding the panels together. Or, they don't use a jig (which I doubt) and the frame distorted during the welding process, letting the frame distort even more as the spot welds were welded in a series. If that's the case there are two options I can think of (since you've probably built most of the car by now and can't return the bodies to Dynacorn):
1. Get a frame shop to see if they can tweak it back into place somehow.
2. Drill out all the spot welds in the windshield frame, get everything lined up and weld the panels back together while keeping everything lined up in a jig to keep distortion to a minimum.

This isn't good either way. :(

Bmacey
08-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Yes I plan on contacting them on Tuesday I just wanted to see if anyone else has expirenced these issues and how they were resolved. We have them on all the cars so I would assume it was welded in a jig and it is not right. We have one painted and the windshied has cracked already when the glue dried. I just want to fix the other 3 before paint but need to know what the issue is. I am sure they all are like this and I am not the only shop with this issue. These cars are all about year old so they were done overseas on the jig not in the US

paul67
08-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Have you the doors in ifso the door glass will flag up where the fault lies I would have thought.