PDA

View Full Version : Baer Tracks..I goofed

texasdvldog
08-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I'll keep this short and sweet. 2 years ago I bought a Baer rear kit for my 67 from a guy here on pro-touring.com. He had told me that the kit would work on my 67 so I went ahead and bought it. Now fast forward 2 years, I had my rear end rebuilt with a new Eaton posi and seals, bearings etc.. I mentioned to the guy doing the work that I had a set of disk brakes i wanted installed while he had the axles out and all that. I got the rear end back and it looks great!

Now here's the problem.... the Bear disk brakes I bought 2 years ago are for a 68-69 STAGGERED shocks and NOT for a 67 with NON staggered shocks. :seizure:

I should have asked the guy for the part number and researched it but I took his word for it. The part number of the kit he sold me was a 4302051 but the one I need is the 4302111.

I've looked at pictures of both kits and they both look alike. I noticed that my kit has 2 RH PBR brake calipers. Does anyone know what else could be different and can you buy pieces of these kits individually??

If anyone has any advice or answers please let me know!!

(so much for keeping it short and sweet) sorry!

texasdvldog
08-05-2009, 11:47 AM
any of the sponsors know if i can swap out the needed parts?? Prodigy? parts are brand new only bolted on to the differential and no lines installed or fluid run through the calipers

MuscleRodz
08-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Give me a call we are a baer dealer and should be able to get you the individual parts you need. One caliper bracket and one e-brake cable should take care of you.

ProdigyCustoms
08-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Looks like Mike has you handled.

JRouche
08-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Errr! I have been in the same boat before. I tend to buy parts when the money is there even though Im not up to that stage of the build yet. So that has bitten me in the butt a few times. Either wrong parts or defective. So Im screwed anyway cause so much time has past, even though they are still "new".

Sounds like its time to ebay the extra cal on up and get the one you need. Sorry bro.... And whats funny is you might make some dude stoked to see the exact caliper HE needs and he will swoop it up, bet you wish that guy was you during an ebay search and there was what you needed, for a song, oh, and a bid :)

Just wanted to say, Ive been there and it sucks. As my cash cow is starting to oink like a pig. Time to cook the bacon. JR

texasdvldog
08-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Well I sent Mike a pm yesterday since it's hard to make calls during working hours. Hopefully I will hear from him soon. :cool:

texasdvldog
08-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Errr! I have been in the same boat before. I tend to buy parts when the money is there even though Im not up to that stage of the build yet. So that has bitten me in the butt a few times. Either wrong parts or defective. So Im screwed anyway cause so much time has past, even though they are still "new".

Sounds like its time to ebay the extra cal on up and get the one you need. Sorry bro.... And whats funny is you might make some dude stoked to see the exact caliper HE needs and he will swoop it up, bet you wish that guy was you during an ebay search and there was what you needed, for a song, oh, and a bid :)

Just wanted to say, Ive been there and it sucks. As my cash cow is starting to oink like a pig. Time to cook the bacon. JR

I hear ya bro. I have to take advantage of either sales or "good buys" whenever I can get them! This project is on it's 5th yr. I thought for sure I would of been enjoying it at least 2 summers ago!
Sometimes I forget I already bought a certain piece and end up buying another one :doh:

and with this kit..I took the guy's word about the kit fitting a 67 and it came back to bite me in the arse..:pat:

MuscleRodz
08-07-2009, 11:09 AM
pm sent.

texasdvldog
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
pm sent back! Hey Mike you are da man! :1st: Appreciate the help Sir!

JRouche
08-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Sometimes I forget I already bought a certain piece and end up buying another one

LOL Who would ever do that!!! Yeah, yeah, so I have three EXTRA roll bars, umm, I might need an extra if one gets a flat, kinda like spare tires :) Lets see, extra tach, extra set of front seats, wheels all over the place. The list goes on.

I have bought parts not knowing I already had one. Electric door locks is one. Problem when yer stacking up parts for years till it all comes together. Wish I had the funds back when I started this car in 1995 to just do it. But it has been a long slow road. Coming down to the finish line. I just have to buy a roll bar for the front. LOL No really, I do. So yeah, Ill still have three in the rafters. Yikes!!! JR