PDA

View Full Version : Pro Comp Aluminum Heads?

68driver
03-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Anyone familiar with Pro Comp aluminum heads? My local speed shop is buying several of these bare heads direct from the factory in Australia, but I can't find any info on them on the web. (I thought he was talking about Pro Toplines from New Zealand, but he said those are a different manufacturer.) Any info on these heads?

scottyz
05-15-2005, 09:55 PM
I am also looking at a set of heads from RHS. They apparently bought out a company but I dont know which one. I will keep you informed if I find any info

BirdMan
10-21-2006, 05:27 AM
RHS bought out ProTopline. I found some ProComp ones on ebay and got the flow sheet from them. These were for a SB Ford.

Lowend
10-21-2006, 07:16 AM
I've seen them... suprisingly good quality given the price. BUT after installing all the valvetraing stuff the cost is about the same as a set of Edelbrocks

scottyz
10-22-2006, 02:30 PM
I have a set of procomps on my 383. They are not a pro topline. Pro topline was bought out by RHS. I bought them for $1200 canadian with Ferrea valves, manley guide plates, the rest was comp to match my cam. The person who I bought the heads from initially told me he got them from RHS. He obviously lied as when I phoned RHS and gave them the numbers on the heads they said that they were not from RHS. Overall though they seem to work excellent IMO? I have 9.8 -1 comp ratio, vic jr intake with holley 750VS carb, mallory HEI ignition, comp XE274 FT hyd, th350 and 3.73 gears. Power brakes work great and the car is a solid mid to high 12 sec car without even dynoing in a tune or working on suspension. Its just a driver. I RUN 87 OCTANE without any problems whatsoever. I will say I believe the quality is not as good as heads from eddy, brodix, dart or other big names but they seem to work good for what they are. Not the fastest car but i built it to drive and burn tire. Works better then I had anticipated.:drive1:

funcars
10-23-2006, 05:36 PM
ProComp is from Asia.

craig
10-25-2006, 03:40 AM
I heard they were cast in china and then machined in ausralia or new zealand.