PDA

View Full Version : Battery mounted too close to speakers???

Zee
08-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I need some help from you experts. I have a very basic system that may only consist of the head unit, a small 4 channel amp and 4 speakers. However, I am remounting my battery to my trunk and deciding exactly where to locate it. My first choice essentially puts it below my package shelf where my speakers are. There would be a few inches of clearance between the positive terminal of the battery and the magnet of my speaker. Is this location going to cause a problem with noise through the speaker???

GetMore
08-02-2009, 06:33 PM
No, there is no magnetic field at the battery to cause noise, and the battery itself doesn't cause any.

Zee
08-05-2009, 06:36 PM
well, I hope that you are right. I will be welding up a box for the battery this weekend.

GetMore
08-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Heck, if you're welding up a box you're adding some good shielding. The magnetic field will travel on the outside of the box and not get through.
You'll be fine.

Twentyover
08-06-2009, 12:01 PM
But be sure to wear the aluminum foil hat to keep the voices out of your head....

Zee
08-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Too late for that. What started out to be only a small patch repair to my trunkfloor has turned into a new trunk floor, repaired drop offs and 2 quarter panel skins. The only voice I hear is the singing of a cut off wheel these days.

g6t6o
08-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Too late for that. What started out to be only a small patch repair to my trunkfloor has turned into a new trunk floor, repaired drop offs and 2 quarter panel skins. The only voice I hear is the singing of a cut off wheel these days.

Nice, when I did that the only voice I heard was my wife yelling at me for seeing the CC bill:smoke:

Taman
12-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Make sure you vent the battery box outside the vehicle if it's acid lead based. No problem if it's an Optima.