PDA

View Full Version : Which way to go.

SSmoothie
07-31-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm looking to purchase a 69 Camaro. And see most of the coupes are alot cheaper than any badged Camaro (ie Z/28 or RS/SS). So would buying a Badged Camaro to make a Pro-touring type would it lose its value from stock.

Thanks
Clay

justasquid
08-01-2009, 02:38 AM
If your going the pro-touring route, theres not much sense in paying the extra money for a badged car. theres not much on the 40 year old car that will stay once you start upgrading. Your better off getting a base model car and then doing what you want with it from there.

As far as a badged car loosing value. As long as the mods you do are reversable, you would probably be fine. But the thing that makes those badged cars more valueable is the fact they are rare, so taking away from that would probably lessen its value to a collector.

go with a base model and use the extra money to upgrade.

SSmoothie
08-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks, thats not a bad idea if I keep all the original parts at least I could build it back to stock, I plan on going mild and not cutting anything up.

Clay

94SNGLTURBO
02-05-2010, 10:25 AM
yep id buy a base model and build it up

ProdigyCustoms
02-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Buy a none orioginal none badged car and get one in a color you like with smokin paint and body. Pay to much for the right color, excellent body and you will be money ahead.

Then do the mechanical and minor cosmetic things you want.

if you find a prosect we will be happy to look it over (pictures and specs) and let you know what we see. That service is free for forum members.

gtotto
02-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Let the "purists" and collectors keep the badged cars. Build the car YOU want for YOUR needs.

Jim Nilsen
02-08-2010, 07:55 AM
I remember some guys at work years ago telling me I was ruining a Camaro by doing what I have done. And I just would look at them and ask? Is a 6cyl pg car with no options a collectable even though it was a one owner car? That question always confused them,lol.

Let Frank look the car over and go with what you can afford with the best stating point you need to get it on the road as inexpensive and as quick as you can. That's the real ticket.