PDA

View Full Version : Good Paint Shop in DFW area?

Smitty_67
07-31-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm still a ways from being ready, but I'd like to start looking for a good shop in DFW to paint my project. Any recommendations?

rockytopper
08-05-2009, 11:43 AM
ditto that question I need someone also

Smitty_67
08-05-2009, 12:51 PM
I have been given several recommendations on other forums. I went to visit Johnny at http://www.sycoticdesigns13.com/ and his work was amazing. I was also given these guys below..

Complete Aerokits in Arlington 817-795-1341. Does great work at a great price but tells you up front he will have it 6 months. Mohr restorations in Richland Hills (817) 428-6647 is touted as the best and has several awards for best paint at the car shows.

Check out Chris and Todd at Advantage Autoworks. They are involved in a LOT of resto and paint work. They are in North Richland Hills. They did some bodywork on my Camaro. They will most likely get any work I can't handle.

There is a shop in Pilot Point called Sanderson's Customs and Conversions. They do incredible work on some very high-end cars, and the quality is amazing. They did the strip, paint and a bit of minor rust repair on my car and I would recommend them highly. They are not cheap, but their shop rates are comparable to other shops I checked and their reputation is very good. They do everything by the book, so the amount of hours is likely to be higher than others, but the results will be worth it. They are also pretty quick. My car was done in nine weeks and would have been complete sooner, but they were doing several SEMA cars at the same time.

gearheads78
08-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Car Craft in Wylie does some nice work

derekf
08-06-2009, 03:29 AM
Check out Chris and Todd at Advantage Autoworks. They are involved in a LOT of resto and paint work. They are in North Richland Hills. They did some bodywork on my Camaro. They will most likely get any work I can't handle.

Yeah, I'd heard the same about AA, so when the pass side rear mount for the front LCA tore free from my frame, I took the car to them to weld it all back together. They did a passable job, I suppose, but it never really seemed "right".

It wasn't until I replaced the LCA bushings with nylon/steel bushings that I found out why: They'd put the LCA mount about 1/4" too far forward and while the rubber bushing would fit, it was binding up and the arm wouldn't rotate easily. I ended up having to cut their welds out and use a steel rod and the LCA to get the mount to line up correctly, hardly space-age equipment.

Did I tell them about it? No - I can just imagine that call: "Hi, you worked on my car 10 years ago and you did a crappy job"... them: click. But I'll be damned if I won't tell anyone who asks about them.