PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line questions 69 Camaro

robertblanton1
07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Have new stainless fuel line from Classic Industries and trying to figure out the best way to install on car, I.e. start from the front and thread to the back, visa versa, or something in between? Can anyone post or send me a diagram of how it's properly routed? Thanks for the help.

Chevy
08-05-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't have a diagram, but if it's like the '68, there are clips on the passenger side subframe rail, all the way back to the rear subframe rail and then connect via short piece of rubber tubing to the tank on the passenger side. Fuel line is the only thing travelling this way (brakes go back on driver's side) so use any clips available. There are two styles of fuel line, one that is continuous, and one with a coupling under the passenger door with two pieces. This one is obviously much easier to install. If you have the first kind and are frustrated with it, cut it in the middle and double flare it for a coupling and it should go in much easier.

You may have to snake it between the subrame and the unibody between the firewall and most rear-ward bolt holding the subframe to unibody. This is one of the tight spots. The others are parking brake cable (easily enough removed if it gives you trouble) and potentially snaking it around the exhaust just before the gas tank.

Good luck!
Paul