PDA

View Full Version : replacement body panels

67SS
07-28-2009, 06:53 PM
I have picked up a '69 Camaro that needs both rear qtr's replaced as well as the hood and drivers floorpan. Who has good replacement steel that fits? I know Goodmark, Classic, Ricks and even Ecklers carry them, but whos really fit well out of the box? Any feedback on whos fit well and whos did not is greatly appreciated!

Mark

arai
07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
It's all basically produced from the same 2-3 places just boxed in different boxes for the different distributors. It's hard to say that one place sells a part that will fit better than another companies. You have to remember that you are putting new, reproduced parts onto a car that is 40+ years old. The original tolerances at GM arn't the same as what people build these cars to today. When you compound that with 40 years of torque, twist, flexing and other variables......you are very lucky to have anything fit perfect. All of these parts will usually need some sort of bending, kicking, re-shaping, twisting, hammering and re-working to get them to the desired tolerances. Just make sure before you take anything apart that you level the car and brace it internally. If you have questions you can look at my webpage in my sig. I too am building a 69 that needs EVERY panel replaced. :)