PDA

View Full Version : New in the Prodigy Collection, Grandpa's Mustang

ProdigyCustoms
07-23-2009, 07:01 PM
So here is the latest edition to the Prodigy Collection. Another car for Michael as if he does not have enough cars already! Michael puts all his money into cars. This one is a little extra special though. 6 weeks ago my dad died. I knew it was coming but did not know it would happen when it happened. He had just seen the doctor and I thought he was good for a while, real bummer. If I have not mentioned it before, my dad got me into the business. From the time I was old enough to walk I could not wait to go to the car shop with dad on Saturdays and after school. When I was 14 my dad and I found me a 65 Corvette Roadster (1975 that was $1400) and I fixed the body and painted it and I hustled my first fixer upper. My dad taught me a lot, things I always do and a lot of things I never do. But all great experience.

It was only fitting that my inheritance amounted to a couple cars, Nothing super valuable but a couple kinda neat cars though. One was a super loaded 1994 Mustang GT convertible and the other a really rare 1997 2 door Tahoe 4 X 4.

Michael is "the prodigy" in Prodigy Customs. Michael just like myself when I was young would be waiting to go to work on weekends soon as he can walk. While other kids where watching cartoons, Michael was taking something apart at the shop. Now that Michael is being prepped to run the company, I passed the Mustang straight to Michael.

Both vehicles where a little edgy but both are super solid and original. Michael immediately did the Prodigy treatment to the Mustang which is a work in progress, but the Mustang is done enough to show you all now. What was originally a maroon car, white top and white interior is now Lambo Orange and Magic Black two tone, black interior with some Pro Car Seats, and a new black cloth top will be on soon. We have never messed with these Mustangs but you can buy anything you want for bolt ons CHEAP! For less then a couple grand he got a air intake, lowering springs, stainless headers and exhaust (these cars always sound killer), Cool taillights, Headlamps, fuel filler door, etc to dress up the exterior.

We added a set of Forgelines new smokin cool 18" EV3 wheels. These are my new favorite wheel and the wheel i will run on my street racer conversion to Pro Touring. People chase Michael down to talk about the wheels, of coarse most Mustang guys are not on a Forgeline budget.

The little Mustang turned out to be a hot ride. We took it to Daytona Beach for a family weekend outing a couple weeks ago, and man it gets a LOT of looks. I find myself staring at it almost surprised it looks so good. The Lamborghini Orange is a incredible color that looks awesome in the sun, and driving down the road beside it in the dark, then under street lights, then dark, then light, WOW! We will be doing something else this color soon.

The Tahoe will get the treatment next and will be mine. It runs really good, is 100% stock and original, and has a perfect black body on it. I am thinking it goes the Candy Brandywine lower color we used on the Bull Run Racer with a Magic black top. Then A big stupid lift kit, some smoking wheels (wonder if Forgeline can make me some 22s?). Not quite sure what I will do it it, but like the Mustang, the Tahoe will reside beside a couple of our other cars that simply will not be sold.

Thanks dad, we miss ya but think about you ever time we see the vehicles!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

zbugger
07-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Very nice Frank. That's the best way to keep him in your hearts.

BonzoHansen
07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Nice, Dad would be proud!

SatisTraction
07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
nice!!

Smitty_67
07-23-2009, 08:00 PM
very nice. Frank.. Sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have good memories with your father and I'm sure Michael will as well. You should be proud.

Draginutz
07-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Another great one from the Prodigy gang!

Motown 454
07-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry for your loos Frank. The car looks great. I love that orange.

dmc69
07-23-2009, 09:08 PM
lookin good

454bug
07-23-2009, 10:59 PM
Very nice Frank and Michael!! Great color scheme and nice wheels!! :1st:

I've been contemplating using the EV3's instead of the ZX3R's ever since I saw them posted after SEMA last year... I think you just helped me make my decision...

The only concern I've had with those wheels was on a wheel with a lot of offset to the outside I didn't want the center section to protrude past the outer lip... What width rims do you have on the Mustang, front and back, and what's their offsets/backspacing?

The lip/center section look great on this setup...

ProdigyCustoms
07-24-2009, 04:06 AM
Very nice Frank and Michael!! Great color scheme and nice wheels!! :1st:

I've been contemplating using the EV3's instead of the ZX3R's ever since I saw them posted after SEMA last year... I think you just helped me make my decision...

The only concern I've had with those wheels was on a wheel with a lot of offset to the outside I didn't want the center section to protrude past the outer lip... What width rims do you have on the Mustang, front and back, and what's their offsets/backspacing?

The lip/center section look great on this setup...

We wanted to ge a lip on the wheels, almost any of the other styles from Forgeline would have given a bit more lip, but I love the way the center blossoms on this wheel. We were originaly supposed to paint the lip Orange to match the body but they look so good we did not have the heart to do it when it was time.

I cannot remember the sizes and BS right off, I need to get with Scott at Forgeline and pull the build sheet

LMDGUY
07-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Very nice build, always been a fan of the SN95 platform

platniumta
07-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Sorry for your loss Frank. Great looking mustang that will bring great memories every time you see it. Maybe do the tahoe as a adopted twin to the mustang. That paint combination looks familar. Lol. That was the actual orange we used the first paint job but it was changed alittle when we split the paint. Looks good Im sure it turns plenty of heads at the beach with the top down...