PDA

View Full Version : 67 rear shock stagger question

daryn67
03-28-2005, 07:04 AM
When minintubbing a 67 camaro is there any reason to go ahead and stagger the shocks, or should the be left as are. Dont want a rear end hop problem when Im done, but with todays technology compaired to the 60's is it even nessesary to stagger them?

Daryn

zuess4u
03-28-2005, 07:48 AM
We have the same type of question. We are not mini tubbing the 67 Camaro, but we replaced the GM rear with a Ford 9, and the leafs are 250 lbs ratings, our plan is to run them in front of the axle, UNLESS someone strongly suggests that they be staggared, I think with a good shock and these Landrum springs we should be fine, but I could be wrong.

David Pozzi
03-28-2005, 09:00 AM
I autocrossed my 67 with Guldstrand springs and had no wheel hop on acceleration, but had a little on braking when the rear brakes were turned up pretty high, but I'd stagger them if I were minitubing since it's easy to do at that time. Matter of fact, I WILL stagger mine when I get around to installing my DSE minitubs.

baz67
03-28-2005, 06:12 PM
I second what David says.

Brian

astroracer
03-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Staggering was GM's cheap answer to traction bars on the original F-body mono-spring set-up. As stated the stagger does help control axle wrap during acceleration AND braking...
Markq