PDA

View Full Version : Papa Joes “Final Wish” 1972 LSX Nova Build

NovaMan
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Well I have stated that I was going to get started on this LSX Swap, but with all the things going on the project kept getting delayed. But I have found the passion to finish my last build.
I am dedicating this build to a dear friend that passed away and never got to help or see the car finished, so it has been a passion of mind to get this car completed. Papa Joe was not only my business partner but a dear friend that loved the old Detroit Muscle Cars. He restored many a car in his lifetime. We never missed a car show or auction in the past 8 years.
I have already procured parts from Frank at Prodigy and probably will be seeing him a lot more in the near future. I have procured many other parts and they are on the way for the build.
The build will be a pro-touring car and built from ground up with all the new high tech equipment that is available for the restoration/modification. I will be installing a 2006 GTO LS2 / T56 combo for the power and lots of other goodies. I have been reading a lot of threads from members here so this should be a pretty easy swap. I will be doing most of the work and machining myself. The car itself we have settled on the new Deep Water Blue Pearl color, I think that it will look good on this car with some other paint schemes added to the color.
Well I will include the picks of the motor that I acquired up in Alabama a couple of weeks ago.
I have spent the last few weeks adding ventilation to the garage ( cut the cbs block wall and added a 5200 cfm fan) and a new AC unit, because it’s just so hot to work outside this time of the year. The AC should make it more bearable this time of the year. This should give me some motivation while tig welding.
Stay tuned for more pictures throughout the build.

NovaMan

Bad94
07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Glad to see alot more novas being built.

What suspension you have planned for it?

strtlegal
07-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Nice to see another LSX 3rd gen NO-GO...

NovaMan
07-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Bad94
I am putting in a prodigy bar in the rear and Mark over at SC&C is helping get the front end tweeked with the stock subframe that I am going to modify, or re-engineer for handeling. I am going to also add a complete fabricated frame instead of sub-frame connectors to tie in the whole car.
novaman

scherp69
07-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Sounds like a cool build. Can't wait to see more pics. Always nice to see another 3rd gen.

zman1969
07-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Sorry to hear losing your longtime pal - make him proud- I'm sure he's watching from a different angle

NovaMan
07-28-2009, 04:20 AM
Well over the weekend I got a chance to test fit the motor and trans, as you can see by the pictures I have some modification work to complete on the frame, t/56 housing and the oil pan. Does anyone have any experience with the LH8 pan and the last scatter-shield bolt that does not fit into the oil pan as there is no boss there? Has anybody run into this problem? I was thinking of making a bracket or some type of fastener, the supplier said to leave the bolt out because there is no boss there, what do you all think?

I am also going to use the relocation bracket on the AC so as not to notch the frame, and leaving the GTO alt because it clears the frame.

novaman