PDA

View Full Version : My charger

manny z
07-16-2009, 01:39 PM
I have been here for a while, and have never posted any pics of my car. I have GEARHEADS GARAGE, out of Roseville,Ca finish my car while I am on deployment.
I do have to say, it did take a long time to find good shop like these guys, to finish my car.
A small list of what the car has, and will have.
ENGINE: Pro-charged and intercooled, 383 big block, built to take the boost that it will be pushing.
TRANS: 727 auto, that will later be receiving a gear vendors OD unit.
DRIVELINE: 8 3/4 rear end, with a new Auburn sure grip, and aluminum drive shaft.
SUSPENSION: Front upper and lower tubular control arms, Afco aluminum shocks, Y design frame connectors, Mopar lower arch leafs, 1.25" torsion bars. I know old school stuff here. And either, hothkis, or torsion type design sway bars will be going on.
Wilwood brakes, all around, all stainless lines, and Wilwood MC.
WHEELS: Weld Zetas, 17x11 rear, 17x8.5 fronts. Not sure what size tires I will use yet.
BODY: I am just going to make the body look a little smoother by very slight mods. Shaved antenna, smothed front valance, bringing the bumpers closer with the body, to make them flush with it.
I do have a question though. I saw this one hood on a web sight, and e mailed to ask about price. After many attempts with 0 reply, i gave up on these guys. I was jsut wondering if any one knows of any business that would be willing to make this hood?

Let me know what you think of the pictures.

manny z
07-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I almost forgot the picture of the hood. oooops..

rjsjea
07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=manny z;550220] I was jsut wondering if any one knows of any business that would be willing to make this hood?

QUOTE]

Cool Charger....

These guys could build that hood. www.bruningautodesign.com (http://www.bruningautodesign.com) , shop #360 254-0066

thedodgeboys
07-17-2009, 03:56 AM
nice charger dont put a cuda hood on it.:machine:

but :machine:if you must I would get a cuda hood and cut it out and weld it into the charger hood. getting it squre would be the hardest part any good body shop should be able to do that. :)

manny z
07-19-2009, 04:04 AM
nice charger dont put a cuda hood on it.:machine:

but :machine:if you must I would get a cuda hood and cut it out and weld it into the charger hood. getting it squre would be the hardest part any good body shop should be able to do that. :)

it was jsut a thought. I am not sure yet. I would just like to get some fresh air to the air cleaner.

thedodgeboys
07-19-2009, 06:22 AM
it was jsut a thought. I am not sure yet. I would just like to get some fresh air to the air cleaner.

That won’t do it the cuda hoods are not functional for fresh air intake. I would run ductwork up from the front of the car or the front inner fenders to your air cleaner or custom air box.

mrn2obelvedere
11-24-2009, 06:14 AM
I think the cuda hood looks cool actually. You can cut out the inserts to get airflow into the engine bay.

formula
11-24-2009, 07:18 AM
scoops at that point would offer minimal air pressure and thus not much air in, as that is right smack in the middle of the low pressure zone that occurs over your hood. Fresh air inlets right at the cowl, the front of the hood, or in the grille would be much more effective.

Now, if you want to lower engine bay temps by pulling hot air out, you're in the right area, just with the wrong vents. Rear-facing vents in the middle of the hood would benefit from the low pressure and help cool the engine bay as a whole.

This is why, by the time scoops hit the late 70's, they had all been closed up (re: firebird formulas, etc.)--they were offering virtually no benefit. This is also why the c6r has such a huge hole in the middle of the hood--they're taking advantage of the low pressure zone to 1)draw air through the radiator and 2) draw hot air out on either side of that.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif