PDA

View Full Version : It's official.. I'm insane...

Steve1968LS2
07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Last minute airline ticket to St. Louis = $369
Holiday Inn Express for two nights = $198
Rental Car = $78
Driving '68 Camaro at autocross for five hours = Priceless

My Camaro is over at Bowler Transmission getting some wiring work by Tom. Now I heard a rumor that they were having an open house, but I didn't hear until the Columbus event that part of the show was a full blown SCCA autocross course on Saturday!!!

How could I let my car sit a mile from an autocross event and not be there to beat on it??

So I broke open the piggy bank and booked the trip. I will be in town for an entire 38 hours before I fly home. lol

I'm sick and I hope there's no cure!

:woot:

p.s. I have a great, and understanding, wife too!

formula
07-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Sometimes you just have to be crazy to keep that smile on your face during the mindnumbingly sane parts of life!

Have fun-take pics!

MrQuick
07-15-2009, 07:03 PM
I've been telling you this for years..... enjoy yourself cause you can't take it with you. Mucho pixs a must senior.

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-15-2009, 07:06 PM
i hope to catch that same fever you have my man..

6'9"Witha69
07-15-2009, 08:19 PM
I have the fever, just not the pocketbook for the medicine. Have fun!

Larry Callahan
07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Way to go!!

Damn True
07-15-2009, 08:43 PM
I have the fever,

There's only one cure:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

6'9"Witha69
07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
:lmao::rotfl:

More Cowbell!!!!!

zbugger
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Yes Steve, you are insane. But I don't know if that beats what Vince and I have done.... And we're only a little nuts.

CptKlutz
07-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Steve, you're perfectly normal! I flew to San Diego for the weekend (extended though) to do the gauge cluster on my Stang build. And I'm in Europe! :sick:

JEFFTATE
07-16-2009, 04:41 AM
Good for you Steve !
When are you coming to Georgia ???

Happyfunballs
07-16-2009, 04:56 AM
Hope you enjoyed our fair city. Looks like you got a great rate on a rental car.:bugeyes

68/CamaroFL
07-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Steve,
We are All Sick! In a Good way!:drive1:

406 Q-ship
07-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Last minute airline ticket to St. Louis = $369
Holiday Inn Express for two nights = $198
Rental Car = $78
Driving '68 Camaro at autocross for five hours = Priceless

My Camaro is over at Bowler Transmission getting some wiring work by Tom. Now I heard a rumor that they were having an open house, but I didn't hear until the Columbus event that part of the show was a full blown SCCA autocross course on Saturday!!!

How could I let my car sit a mile from an autocross event and not be there to beat on it??

So I broke open the piggy bank and booked the trip. I will be in town for an entire 38 hours before I fly home. lol

I'm sick and I hope there's no cure!

:woot:

p.s. I have a great, and understanding, wife too!

Steve,
If that is an illness I don't want a cure. :seizure:

bret
07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Steve is coming the the Bowler Transmission show this weekend for 2 reasons:

1. to eat our famous ribs and partake in copious amounts of cocktails on Saturday night
2. to kick my ass in the autocross [again]

I have my Z06 together now...we'll see how that plays out.

I must say, for a small show in the middle of a cornfield, there is a HUGE amount of plain fun. Autcross on Saturday [nice concrete course on an old airstrip lot] and a very informal drag race on Sunday right on the old airstrip. VERY worthwhile coming to!

http://www.ridetech.com/more/2009/07/13/bowler-transmissions-a-day-at-the-strip/

http://bowlertransmissions.com/

Krazed
07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Holy crap, you're married? How can your wife stand you spending all this money? haha

Finch
07-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Steve is coming the the Bowler Transmission show this weekend for 2 reasons:

1. to eat our famous ribs and partake in copious amounts of cocktails on Saturday night
2. to kick my ass in the autocross [again]

I have my Z06 together now...we'll see how that plays out.

I must say, for a small show in the middle of a cornfield, there is a HUGE amount of plain fun. Autcross on Saturday [nice concrete course on an old airstrip lot] and a very informal drag race on Sunday right on the old airstrip. VERY worthwhile coming to!

http://www.ridetech.com/more/2009/07/13/bowler-transmissions-a-day-at-the-strip/

http://bowlertransmissions.com/

You had me at Rib's.......

The rest is just gravy

justimagine
07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Speaking from experience, this is one of the best run, most fun events you can attend with your clothes on! Mark and his team do a great job of making everybody feel welcome and at home, while providing one of the coolest venues in the midwest for autocross and drag racing. Steven, you'll have a blast.

Steve1968LS2
07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Holy crap, you're married? How can your wife stand you spending all this money? haha

Simple.. we go to the Coach store and she gets something.. I get a new set of wheels and she gets some other trinket.

It's to the point now where she encourages me to spend money on my car. lol

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
that only builds speed my friend... eventually youll be going 200mph and she will be going mach2 in purses and bags..

ask me how i know... ahaha

Yelcamino
07-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Simple.. we go to the Coach store and she gets something.. I get a new set of wheels and she gets some other trinket.

That's the only way to build a car if you're married!

Krazed
07-16-2009, 04:41 PM

Dammit! It's so simple! Why didn't I think of that? :idea:

Steve1968LS2
07-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Dammit! It's so simple! Why didn't I think of that? :idea:

I follow a 20% rule.. if I spend a grand she gets something (dinner, gift, etc) worth $200...

Of course I Enron some of the stuff I buy.. A grand in gauges becomes $600.. that sort of deal.

I have a spreadsheat to keep track of it all.. lol

Bill Howell
07-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Cool Steve, see you there. I even talked Melinda into going again, twice in a month she has gone to a show with me.....

Bret, I am bringing my vette, it will be fun to see how the two compare.

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-16-2009, 06:32 PM
she better not see this thread then.. she'll sneak peak the recipe of your hustle..

mc84_zz4
07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
she better not see this thread then.. she'll sneak peak the recipe of your hustle..
Steve's got the power to hide all incriminating evidence...lol
What post?!?
:smoke:
Steve, Your honey is a keeper...lucky guy, my wife would want to reverse-Enron that deal:
I get tires for $1,000, she would get a new kitchen....lol

bret
07-17-2009, 04:39 AM

My Boss 429 cost me a new kitchen as well. I haven't got the "invoice" for the new engine in Velocity yet.

In reality...Sharon had more hotrods and a bigger toolbox than I did when we got married. She is all in on the car thing...thank God!

Steve1968LS2
07-17-2009, 05:25 PM
My Boss 429 cost me a new kitchen as well. I haven't got the "invoice" for the new engine in Velocity yet.

In reality...Sharon had more hotrods and a bigger toolbox than I did when we got married. She is all in on the car thing...thank God!

I hear ya brother!

I'm here in the bustling metropolis.. lol

Can't wait until tomorrow.. I plan on using up these tires and rides will be given all day long so come one out!

WS6
07-17-2009, 05:54 PM
What! Bowler does automatics. I thought Penny was a T56? Is this Track Rat that's being worked on?

MarkB
07-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Just a quick note, to clear things up. We build a few manuals, such as T56, Tremec, Muncie, 833, along with a couple more. We just don't really promote it since we specialize in automatics. Everyone just knows us for our automatics. Not too much cool stuff you can do with a manual. But we will support the ones that want to shift gears.

Thanks,
Mark

mpozzi
07-21-2009, 07:48 AM

Oh man ... I'm going to be in trouble if I have to build Dave a new shop.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

WS6
07-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks Mark. I had no clue you guys did some manuals which si what threw me for a loop.