PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Junk

TexasProjectTrader.com
07-14-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm looking for some fresh junk. Does anyone know of any "graveyards"? I've found a few, but I know there's thousands of them out there. We've all heard the stories about the guy with acres of Camaros & Firebirds. Any leads?

Larry Callahan
07-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Would this be for a business venture? If so please PM me for advertising rates.

Restomod
07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Ebay is the biggest Junk Yard/ Used car lot in the world!! If it aint there today it will be tomorrow.

TexasProjectTrader.com
07-14-2009, 09:13 PM
No, I'm legitimately curious myself. Anyone know where there's a big pile of projects. I'd hate to drop $2,500, sight unseen, for a car I could buy for $500 or less elsewhere. Plus, we need to preserve as many of these cars as possible. Many junkyards I knew of have recently changed hands. It seems the new owners first order of business is to scrap every car on property. I'm asking the pro-touring.com audience for the heads up. Not just for me, but for all pro-touring junkies out there looking for their next project.

I know of three; Devine, Taylor, & Comanchee, Texas.

Camaroholic
07-15-2009, 04:00 AM
I may ruffle some feathers with this, but you create a username based on your web site here, and you come to the wrong section (this section is for people to post their project updates) asking where to locate project cars - and your web site is a ProjectTrader web site? Seems like you're advertising to me.

IMO it's bad form to register on a web site like this in order to drive people to your web site.

TexasProjectTrader.com
07-15-2009, 08:15 PM
From what I read, it's not in violation of any rule. Look around the site, you'll see I'm not the only guy registered as a website, business, or blog (ex: John Doe Customs). I see Pro-Touring.com as the Myspace or FaceBook of the automotive world. Plus, It's not like I'm posting blanket spam, I'm a real gear head who wants to join the conversation.

Kenova
07-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Look around the site, you'll see I'm not the only guy registered as a website, business, or blog (ex: John Doe Customs).
They are also paid advertisers and in many cases are valued for their contributions of information and ideas.

Ken