PDA

View Full Version : Does This Octain Boost Really Work???

WELTERRACER
03-27-2005, 09:29 AM
I found this octain boost on the net and it supposidly adds alot of points to fuel..

http://www.kemcooil.com/product_info.php?pId=61

camcojb
03-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Yes it would as long as you don't have O2 sensors or cats.

Jody

WELTERRACER
03-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I can see this as a CHEAP alturnative to race gas..

69bigblock
03-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Is this stuff better than the torco fuels or just about the same??

Lowend
03-28-2005, 07:39 PM
In my experiance (which does not include this product specifically) all octane booster additives as pretty much BS. You have to add so much to a given fuel unit that it is not practical.
I have found nothing better than biting the bullet and buying a can of good old 110 Octane racefuel... except buying a can of C14 race fuel

myclone
03-29-2005, 02:49 AM
In my experiance (which does not include this product specifically) all octane booster additives as pretty much BS. You have to add so much to a given fuel unit that it is not practical.
I have found nothing better than biting the bullet and buying a can of good old 110 Octane racefuel... except buying a can of C14 race fuel

Agreed. While I havent had exposure to the product in question either I have performed data logging runs while monitoring knock retard with some popular octane boosters just to satisfy my curiosity. They did absolutely nothing unless added in huge quantities.

Personally, I like brewing my own octane by mixing pump gas with xylene since it doesnt harm the O2 sensors.

camcojb
03-29-2005, 08:25 AM
This and Torco are different in that they add lead which does dramatically up the octane. I am a fan of the homebrewed mixes myself, and the octane 104 type products are a waste of money.

Jody