PDA

View Full Version : 1st and 2nd gen nvh kits

Tom Welch
03-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Gentlemen, I am in the process of developing a precut installation ready insulation & sound deadener kit for 1 and 2 gen F-bodies. I am interested in opinions about this. Thanks in advance. Tom

streetk14
03-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Sounds cool to me. I'd be interested in hearing more about it.
-Andy

mdprovee
03-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Count me in too.

Mike

Flyboy
03-27-2005, 07:29 AM
I can't believe no one has asked this yet, so here goes...

...what kind of sound deadener? Dynamat? Fat Mat? Something equivalent? Something else?

Tom Welch
03-27-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm still negotiating with several companies that manufacture the vibration damper, reflective heat barrier, and sound deadener products. My plan is to offer 5 levels of insulation 'kit'. Then narrow it down to what is most popular. Right now I have 1st and 2nd gen f-body kits in the works. Testing will begin soon and will use a Ford Crown Vic as a standard to meet since it is a very quiet and well insulated car.

jeffandre
03-27-2005, 04:16 PM
I'm still negotiating with several companies that manufacture the vibration damper, reflective heat barrier, and sound deadener products. My plan is to offer 5 levels of insulation 'kit'. Then narrow it down to what is most popular. Right now I have 1st and 2nd gen f-body kits in the works. Testing will begin soon and will use a Ford Crown Vic as a standard to meet since it is a very quiet and well insulated car.

Is it safe to assume that the 2nd Gen kit will be easily adaptable to my 71 Camaro that is minitubbed? If necessary I may need a few extra pieces...Let us know when and how much! Thanks,

Tom Welch
03-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Minitubs should not pose a problem. If some extra material is needed I dont see a problem, I plan to make these kits a little heavy on material to compensate for variations from car to car.

essenge
04-17-2005, 08:11 PM
I would definetely be interested , if i knew a price that is. I have a 74 i was going to dynamat myself but if i could get a kit that would be easier.

jeffandre
04-18-2005, 08:37 AM
Minitubs should not pose a problem. If some extra material is needed I dont see a problem, I plan to make these kits a little heavy on material to compensate for variations from car to car.

Tom,
Let me know a ballpark price, I may try to get it as a Father's Day gift or something. Thanks,

Tom Welch
04-18-2005, 04:20 PM
No worries Jeff. The first kits should be ready to ship in a couple of months.