PDA

View Full Version : looking for 1gen rear ride height examples

68firehawk
03-26-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm looking for some rear ride height examples for a multileaf 2" and 3" rear drop on a 1st gen camaro or firebird. Does anyone know where i can see some examples?

Thanks
Jake

68firehawk
04-18-2005, 08:32 PM
HA! man you guys were a lot of help on this one. Just got off the phone with DSE and i'm going to go with the 3". I'll send some pics once I get my mini tub and axle completed.

Thanks anyway
Jake

zbugger
04-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Wow.... Sorry about that. I never even saw this thread. Yeah, DSE is a good place to ask about this. Damn... Bunch of worthless first gen owners around here, huh? Glad I own a second gen.

TitoJones
04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
HA! man you guys were a lot of help on this one.
Thanks anyway
Jake

Wow. You're right- we are a big help. The reason you didn't get many replies is that you didn't bother to use the search function.
This took me all of .25 seconds to pull up, and the only word I searched was 'springs.'
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3904&highlight=springs

Welcome to the board, the search function is your friend.

Tyler

Stu Seitz
04-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Wow. You're right- we are a big help. The reason you didn't get many replies is that you didn't bother to use the search function.
This took me all of .25 seconds to pull up, and the only word I searched was 'springs.'
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3904&highlight=springs

Welcome to the board, the search function is your friend.

Tyler

Get used to it, as our board grows this will only happen more often.

TitoJones
04-18-2005, 10:58 PM
As the board grows, yes this will happen quite often I'm sure.
We don't have to get used to it, we just need to educate newbies in the search function.
Search before you post. We have been around for a few years now, and if you actually TRY to find the info you need, chances are you'll find it because we've probably discussed it.
If after reviewing the info you find that your question is unanswered, or you can add to the thread, bring it back up top by either replying to it, or starting a new thread asking a more specific question.
Not trying to make an example out of you 68Firehawk.
If anything I feel it is in bad taste to tell us we are a 'big help' because we didn't feel like adding to the same topic the same way for the eleventyith time.

Tyler

baz67
04-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Amen brother

68firehawk
04-19-2005, 05:17 PM
AHH. Yes I am a newby and I wasn't very fimiular with the advanced search functions. It is a lot more helpful then I suspected. Thanks for the advise.

Jake

SatisTraction
04-20-2005, 02:08 AM
As the board grows, yes this will happen quite often I'm sure.
We don't have to get used to it, we just need to educate newbies in the search function.
Search before you post.

Tyler

or you could just chastise them and they will find another board

TitoJones
04-20-2005, 11:28 PM
:nopity:
Here we go....
68Firehawk took my suggestion like a man, he didn't whine or cry foul.
My comments weren't flames, so I see no need for you to defend him.
If I was trying to be a d*ck, you would know it, I'm just trying to prevent lazyness. We'd rather have people who contribute to the board, not clutter it.

Tyler

MrQuick
04-21-2005, 01:04 AM
word

68firehawk
04-26-2005, 12:20 PM
:nopity:
Here we go....
68Firehawk took my suggestion like a man, he didn't whine or cry foul.
My comments weren't flames, so I see no need for you to defend him.
If I was trying to be a d*ck, you would know it, I'm just trying to prevent lazyness. We'd rather have people who contribute to the board, not clutter it.

Tyler

Thanks Tyler

I appreciated the tip. I wouldn't expect you to be a d*ck due to the fact you run a business and it is only in your best intrest to be helpful. Besides, I'm the one who E-mailed you about stopping by later this summer. :)

Jake

MrQuick
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
I see only 1 d@ck here. Some of you guys are sure quick to complain, we try to help as much as we can, patients can also be your friend. If one is unhappy one know what to do.

heres a F2" R 3 1/2" drop
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

zbugger
04-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Be nice boys. Don't make me find someone really really big to stuff something big and shiny up your behind hole.

And yeah, that car that Vince posted is really low. I tripped on it last time I was at the shop. I didn't see it sitting there. Too low for me, actually.

SatisTraction
04-26-2005, 09:04 PM
wow, this turned into a hot topic :)

chicane67
04-26-2005, 09:42 PM
If one has nothing constructive to add, one should avoid his keyboard.

DSE website has quite a few pictures of chassis' that have their varying products that might help you out for actual pictures of completed rides.

SatisTraction
04-26-2005, 11:43 PM
BTW

MR.Quick
that car looks perfect!!!!!

MrQuick
04-27-2005, 05:46 PM
thanks, you really have to tuck the exhaust to make it work.

68firehawk
04-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Vince

Speaking of exhaust

Since i'm still in fabrication mode I was thinking of fabbing in some special rear passenger floor pans to help tuck the mufflers up a little. Have any thoughts on that? Think it would be necessary? I will be running 2 1/2" flowmasters.

Jake.

MrQuick
04-30-2005, 08:20 PM
Hi Jake,
using shorty headers and a single dual inlet dual outlet flowmaster mounted between the tank and diff can help gain some space and can make all the difference in the world.
If your stuck on running two mufflers, you can raise the floor abit to give you some room. I've even channeled a floor pan so the tubing could hug the driveshaft and tuck up even closer. Keep in mind that the rear seat mounting hooks have to stay in its original location so start the hump right after it. Make sure you have atleast 1/4" of clearence between the exhaust and floor. Plan before you cut.

68firehawk
05-02-2005, 12:06 PM
I want the duals so it sounds like I get to channel out part of my floor.

Thanks for the pointer

Jake

apex69
05-04-2005, 08:06 AM
I have mono leafs with an adjustable sway bar. 3.5" drop. VB garage last page line 23 left hand pic. Not the best side view but gives ya an idea with 17's.