PDA

View Full Version : 79 Z28 - 2nd gen

2manyprojs
07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
We wanted to start a thread on the site that started our vision for this car. My brother and I started this project a few years ago however it has progressed slowly, stalling due to houses, kids, the usual stuff. We have been gathering parts and are now beginning metal replacement. It's our first project together, purchasing the car from PA and as you could guess, it has some areas with rot that need attention. The passenger floor was cut today.
The subframe has been sandblasted and rebuilt with bushings from Moog, brakes from Baer and suspension from Hotchkis.

CRead01
07-05-2009, 06:13 PM
looking good so far. good to see more second gen's comin to the site.

what are the idea's for the rest of the car?

2manyprojs
07-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Right now the plans are to keep the outside stock save for ride height and tires/rims. Haven't decided on a color yet, but I anticipate having a rendering done to help with that decision.
A simple 355 around 400-450hp, turbo 350 and probably an aftermarket 12 bolt. An X pipe but not sure on the muffler type, we want to keep it noticeable but not obnoxious.
The game plan is for an outstanding fit/finish and a gorgeous interior, high 12s/low 13s with amazing handling.
More floor work and pictures of the before body tomorrow.