PDA

View Full Version : ? About 3 Piece Wheels

Rallye455
07-03-2009, 04:42 AM
Is it worth it to take a 3 piece wheel apart to change the barrells or is it best left to the wheel manufacturer?

jy211
07-03-2009, 07:27 AM
i'd leave it to the pro's. I had a set of asanti's painted locally, then I was constantly fighting with a air leak.

TwinSting
07-03-2009, 09:16 AM
I recommend to reduce risk of leaks and to make sure they are assembled true let the manufacturer do it. Also insist that new hardware be used.

DriverzInc
07-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Sorry to reiterate, but yes, better to let the manufacturer handle it.. for all the reasons above, and liability in case something went wrong.

camaro2nv
07-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Its cake, Ive done it MANY times to many sets. When you go to have the tire remounted make sure you get a good shop with the right machine. All it takes is a guy with a shovel to screw up that bead of silicone. The Manufacturer always recommends using new bolts after reinstall. Ive always just torqued em to 35lbs and have never seen a problem. I also use red locktite when reinstalling them.
You guys that get leaks should make sure when you get a tire replacement you check out the shops your dealing with. Im telling you its really easy to screw up a seal. Best thing to do is find a shop with a corghi tire mounter.