PDA

View Full Version : Rayflex Paint question

vsefiream
07-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Well I think I ran across a great deal on some paint last month. I bought 3 gallons of Rayflex metallic bronze with reducer and hardener for $20 I actually like the color but is this paint worth using on my car? Should I just use it on scrape panels as a practice paint? For what it's worth, two cans are still sealed and the third is 7/8's full. The paint is at least 1 year old. If it is worth painting my car with, it's a killer deal. If I only use it to play around with, I'm only out $20, no biggie.

Any thoughts or experiences?

mikey
07-02-2009, 08:40 PM
:hmm: I think it sounds like a Earl Schieb type paint. I might be wrong but I've never heard of it. It could also be a fleet type paint that looks ok but thats it. You could spray a test panel and take it to your local paint store so they could match it for you. I would personally sick with a well known brand for your car redos cost too much in time and materials.

Riderz Cycle
07-05-2009, 04:46 PM
I have to agree wi th Mikey. If you want to learn how to paint this would be the product I would try. Alway use a name product that you can get local support...