PDA

View Full Version : Planning Sema trip

Greg from Aus
06-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Hi Guys

Traveling from Perth Western Australia to SEMS this year, Some mates and I are coming, we are going to the drags, Saturday and Sunday, we are not big gamblers and will be looking for other things to do, I have looked up about driving a Nascar, worth wile? Can you recommend other things as well.

Thanks
Greg

poormans69
06-30-2009, 06:51 AM
Pole Position racetrack by the Palms. Indoor electric karts that reach 45 mph while doing 25-26 second laps. Sometimes they have specials so you might want to check out the website. I still can't wait to get back there.

Greg from Aus
06-30-2009, 07:24 AM
Pole Position racetrack by the Palms. Indoor electric karts that reach 45 mph while doing 25-26 second laps. Sometimes they have specials so you might want to check out the website. I still can't wait to get back there.

Sounds great, I will check it out.

Thanks
Greg

JayR
06-30-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't gamble either but I've never run out of things to do and see in Vegas. I've heard Shelby does tours of their facility out by the racetracks so if you're already there, it's worth checking. Haven't done the NASCAR one but rode in a 2 person Indy Car at the Mario Andretti Experience and went 180 which was pretty cool but I'd rather drive something that turned left and right.

As a first timer, you will be blown away by the whole city in general so don't worry about filling your day-planner. If anything, I'd rest my feet between the races and the show! See you there!

1badchevelle
06-30-2009, 09:39 AM
just my .02 dont plan anything out. Play it by ear and you will enjoy it. oh yeh bring walking shoes.

poormans69
06-30-2009, 09:57 AM
The Imperial Palace has a permanant rotating (?) car show. They have a Ford GT40 that raced at LeMans for sale there.

FOR 14.5 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!

jknight16
06-30-2009, 10:13 AM
This may go without saying, but I don't know what you do for a living so it should be said just in case. SEMA is an industry-only show so unless you work in the business you can't get passes.

I would hate for you to fly from down under just to be turned away!

Greg from Aus
06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the replies, I have been to Vegas before, but that was a family holiday, this one is just for the boys.
Thanks for the heads up about the industry only thing, but yes I am in the trade.

Greg

showa
07-01-2009, 06:14 PM
You could go here and shoot machineguns......

http://www.lasvegasgunrange.net/lasvegasgunrange.net/Welcome.html

:machine:

moreHP
07-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Best advice I wish I would have had before my first SEMA trip.....comfortable walking shoes! My feet hurt so bad after the second day because I had lousy shoes. I went and bought some real nice shoes before the next trip and it paid off big time!

vintageracer
07-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Great "Titty" Bars in Vegas!