PDA

View Full Version : goin to paint next week!

69projectKAOS
06-29-2009, 02:24 PM
so i am finally getting my car to the body shop to have the lower quarters, driver side rocker and vinyl top removed and rivet holes filled. i am also having them paint the car as well, but i am indecisive on what color i want!:confused: i have the rest of the car planned out, but i dont know what i want to do. i was thinking since my interior is black that i was going to do black paint as well to make it black on black and then get some black rims as well. and if i go black should i do stripes?? i know its my car and i should do what i want but i want feedback anyway:) what do you guys think?? any feedback is welcome

thetoystore
06-30-2009, 04:40 AM
i love black and will paint almost every car i own black. but black is the hardest to get right and straight and slick. it takes constant work and even if you leave it in the garage all the time and only take it out on nice days you'll still need to wash it from dust. and then you have to worry about swirls. but a black 69 is the cleanest and meanest car i own. on the other hand i've had a silver 68 and it was the easyest to keep nice. then again white with some black racing stripes is so classic it hurts and everyone will like it

69projectKAOS
06-30-2009, 11:14 AM
i am probably going to go all black with a nice set or forgelines and call it a wrap! i have so many ideas for the car, its just the money isnt there at the moment so i am working my way up there little by little:)

John510
07-02-2009, 05:24 PM
If I can give you a suggestion....

If you are having the shop paint your car black then make sure you look at other cars that they have painted black or even another really dark color. The thing about black is if the bodywork isnt perfect then you will see it in the paint. You can get away with less then perfect bodywork if your car is white or silver, however if its black make sure its perfect. Black paint jobs usually cost a lot more then others due to the added blocking.

That being said... If the shop does excellent bodywork then paint that ish black!!!!!!!!!

Riderz Cycle
07-02-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm currently at the same cross road, I will have to say if the body is straight.. and I mean straight go with black it is timeless and it looks great

69projectKAOS
07-02-2009, 07:17 PM
the shop that doing it is my dads best friend, but that doesn't mean anything except for the price lol , but the guy restores cars from the ground up and has a very good reputation. i have seen many cars that he has done and they have came out immaculate and very straight so im not worried about the straightness because the car is very sraight as it sits. i want to go black on black with black interior, which makes it triple black. but the car was originally gold and is now maroon with black stripes. i like the way the colors look now but i really want the vinyl top gone, i think with that gone it might be nice as well lol
i dont know wat to do :confused: