PDA

View Full Version : Electromotive TEC3 MPI Info

Bill68fbrd
03-25-2005, 01:41 AM
Im building a 427 small block chev. Am looking at EFI was told abought Electromotive TEC3 MPI http://www.electromotive-inc.com/mpi_kits.html

Any one have one? Any info would be great.

Termic 600 in box waiting to bolt on.

Im looking at approx 550 b HP on my 427 sb
:attn::attn::attn:

Bill

EFI69Cam
03-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Im building a 427 small block chev. Am looking at EFI was told abought Electromotive TEC3 MPI http://www.electromotive-inc.com/mpi_kits.html

Any one have one? Any info would be great.

Termic 600 in box waiting to bolt on.

Im looking at approx 550 b HP on my 427 sb
:attn::attn::attn:

Bill

The TEC 3 is somewhat non standard in their tuning approach.
I would recommend, Big Stuff, Accel, Fast in that order.
The Big Stuff 3 on paper looks like a killer ECU, and pricewise its not much more than the Accel in features/dollar. The Fast is the most established of these, but is somewhat limited in capability.

JamesJ
03-25-2005, 03:27 PM
I am going to run the TEC3, we use one on our Bonneville Nitro car and it works great. The terms are different but most stuff is the same.
"The multi-port kit consisted of a Holley Manifold and fuel rail with wiring and controls provided by the TEC³. These Holley components are not currently in stock at Electromotive, but can still be obtained through other distributors." From one of the techs when i ask him what the status was on the system. This system is more then most people need but...

camcojb
03-25-2005, 06:17 PM
A friend of mine who has access to some very good tuners put the Tec III on his car. They finally gave up on the system and replaced it with a FAST. I do not know the specifics of their issues but he gave me fair warning.

Jody

Fuelie Fan
03-25-2005, 08:11 PM
There was a similar thread not too long ago. It's good system provided you're used to it, as JamesJ said it's almost a different language. If you're going to have someone else tune it, I recommend you get whatever they're most familiar with and recommend, it'll save you a lot of time, which if you're paying them could mean a lot of money. If you're going to tackle it yourself and have little to no experience with EFI (and therefore aren't already speaking the language of FAST or ACCEL) but are pretty sharp in general engine theory, then maybe you'll get used to terms that TEC uses, like Time On Gamma (TOG). Their software is actually not too bad once you get used to the terminology.

My BEST advice if you're going to do this yourself: Download everyone's software and play around on it. I think everyone except BigStuff allows you to do this, and it's crucial to the selection process, because if you can't figure out how to use it, it won't do you much good. The best example of this is MOTEC. Super powerful, but it used to take a PhD to use their software.

As an aside, my friend is selling his TECIII (not becuase he didn't like it but becuase he's parting out the car).

Bill68fbrd
03-26-2005, 05:01 AM
Good advice Ill down load software and do my homework.
I do want to do tune it myself so will have to do a crash course on EFI terminology.

Fuelie Fan Email me info on your friends TEC 3.
Thanks Bill