PDA

View Full Version : New guy with a 73 Nova

B's Nova
06-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Hello Everyone,

Tomorrow I am going to pick up a 73 Nova from my my inlaws. Him and his friends drag race Novas and Carmaros and they were working on this one for their daughter but they decided they wanted a modern car. Since I have been into imports and drag racing since my teens, I am 32 now, I decided it would be a nice change. When I told a couple of my co-workers about the car they told me since I like classic cars and new technology that Pro-touring would be the way to go and they referred me to this site. I never hear of the term until they told me about and I like the cars and the work you have done to them.

All I will say is I wish I went with domestics first. I have a 92 Eagle Talon Tsi which I am in the process of parting out to fund this project, and the amount of money I spent on aftermarket parts for her is insane compared to the aftermarket parts for domestics.

Once I have the car home I will begin stripping the interior to see what rust repairs I will need to perform. I know the driver side rear wheelwell has a couple of rust holes, but I did not see any other signs of rust on the car.

I will have pics up this weekend.

-Brian

jwn68
06-25-2009, 09:25 AM
welcome

bigshotsho93
06-25-2009, 09:31 AM
welcome! post some pics of that thing when you get it home.

Ralph LoGrasso
06-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the site, Brian.

1971CHEVELLE
06-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the site

$1sbc
06-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Is there a formula to make a car a G machine? Or is it a timed event? As long as it is a blast to drive count me in.

B's Nova
06-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks guys! I'm about to head up there in a couple of hours so I will have some pics uploaded tomorrow.

-Brian

B's Nova
06-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Attached are some pics of the car. I will locate a online photo album site to upload them to and provide a link to all of them.

Part Time
06-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Attached are some pics of the car. I will locate a online photo album site to upload them to and provide a link to all of them.

Ahhh! Another big bumper Nova. A face only a mother, or a poor guy, can love! So do you have any specific plans?

Welcome aboard!

B's Nova
06-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Ahhh! Another big bumper Nova. A face only a mother, or a poor guy, can love! So do you have any specific plans?

Welcome aboard!

Thanks. My plans is to make it a quick street car with an occasional trip to auto-X. My plans first is to replace the suspension with something a little more up to the task, as well as converting the four wheel drums over to disk. Once I have her tighten up I will either fool with the 307 under the hood or swap it out for a 350, I am not sure yet as the engine runs fine and is pretty quiet for a 36 year old car.

Structurally the body is fine with a little surface rust in the trunk and floor pans. I will put the car on jack stands this week and have a look under the car as well. It needs a paint job but that will be the last thing I will do. If anything I will have any dents and rust taken care on the outer sheetmetal and have the car primered black.

Part Time
06-30-2009, 04:11 AM
Thanks. My plans is to make it a quick street car with an occasional trip to auto-X. My plans first is to replace the suspension with something a little more up to the task, as well as converting the four wheel drums over to disk. Once I have her tighten up I will either fool with the 307 under the hood or swap it out for a 350, I am not sure yet as the engine runs fine and is pretty quiet for a 36 year old car.

Structurally the body is fine with a little surface rust in the trunk and floor pans. I will put the car on jack stands this week and have a look under the car as well. It needs a paint job but that will be the last thing I will do. If anything I will have any dents and rust taken care on the outer sheetmetal and have the car primered black.

You've come to the right place. A lot of good people here ready to share a wealth of knowledge. Keep us updated.

platniumta
07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the site. You will find all kinds of answers to your questions. Some helpful some not but its good reading material.

Smithbj42
07-18-2009, 08:01 PM
welcome to the site