PDA

View Full Version : Project Flyin' Blind at prodigy Customs

navyflyer72
06-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Well, Project Flyin'Blind was on hold while my finances caught up with my desire to have the baddest '67 Camaro ever. Frank and Lisa have been more than accomodating in keeping her safe and sound in deep storage while they finished some SERIOUSLY amazing projects, what else would we expect from Prodigy?! Anyway, I am hoping we see some pics and updates coming out of Prodigy Customs anyday now as they start up work again on Flyin' Blind. Keep your eyes open as they should be coming soon!

hechtrod
06-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Can't wait! Got any "before" pics to share?

NvrDun71
06-24-2009, 03:19 PM
George looks as tho your PM box is full. Sent you an e-mail

CliffS
06-26-2009, 06:17 AM
She is in good hands with Prodigy! And now the pics....

navyflyer72
03-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Sorry for the time away, both Frank and I have been busy with other things and Flyin' Blind was stored for awhile. But Frank emailed me an update that the mini-tubs were being finished this week!

I'm hoping to be down in FL in June and will get over to Prodigy and snap some pics to post so for those patiently waiting for some pics of Flyin' Blind the wait will be over soon.

As with everything they turn out at Prodigy I am sure she will be amazing, just wish I lived closer so I could actually get in there and help with some of the heavy lifting. If all goes well I may be able to work with Frank to figure our schedules out and I will take a week of leave towards the end of the project to help out.

If my Dad's health holds up I want him to accompany me on the maiden voyage of Flyin' Blind that I will record and post from picking her up at Prodigy all the way up the East Coast to Maryland (we might take a detour through Deal's Gap and/or the Shenandoah Valley on Skyline Drive) Either way it will be something that I have been hoping for the last few years. I'm in the process of making a video documenting the stages and the challenges of building a pro-touring first gen Camaro (that started in 2001) all while deploying, moving 4 times with the military (across the country twice), family health problems, etc... then finally finding and relying on a proven shop like Prodigy to help get her wrapped up in style.

Maybe there would be interest in seeing this in Camaro Performers or Pro-Touring magazine? If not, rest assured I will post all of it here! Thanks again to all the fine folks on here who have supported me and my Father these past 2 years. He is doing better, but still has a long way to go.

1bad87ss
03-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Sweet, Can't wait til progress pics...

navyflyer72
03-28-2010, 12:52 PM
If you go to the link in my signature there are a bunch of "pre-Prodigy" pictures in my photobucket, since she left for Prodigy I have not taken any pictures, but soon! I promise!:)

Moabdude
08-10-2010, 03:14 AM
Good to see you are back!

I bought your 350 crate engine remember?
It's still in the plastic wrapping it came in.............waiting for my next project to be installed.

Anyway, can't wait to see your pictures. The guys at Prodigy do a great job!

navyflyer72
08-10-2010, 10:21 AM
I do remember! can't wait to see pictures of what you put that 350 into! As for updates and pictures of Project Flyin' Blind, I am still in a holding pattern. I've been trying to get Frank and the crew to get her pushed through the grinder at Prodigy without much success. As you can see from a bunch of magazine covers they are a really busy bunch down there, but I am hoping that they can pull her out of long term storage and get her finished before I go back to Afghanistan next Spring (actually this Fall would be nice so I can drive her a bit before the winter).

Anyway, as soon as I get an update or some pictures I will be sure to post them. You do the same!

Cheers,
George

navyflyer72
08-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Hopefully I can convince Frank and company at Prodigy to snap some pictures and post them here for us. Would love to see the mini tubs installed. Last I heard from Frank (back on June 7th) the DSE mini tubs and subframe connectors were installed. :)

navyflyer72
08-12-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm also trying to figure out which direction to go on the rear. Frank suggested the G-Link using the 12 bolt, vice a 3 or 4-link. Looking for input from other who have used these.

My intention is to have a street and track car, initially though Flyin' Blind will be a street/semi-show car, then when I return from Afghanistan I will eventually want to get her on the track (road race).

Right now the front is a DS&E subframe and coil overs with DS&E subframe connectors.

All input is welcome. Thanks.

David Sloan
08-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I think if i had the DSE front in the car already i would do there rear as well. just my 2cents
But your in good hands with Frank

MuscleRodz
08-12-2010, 12:20 PM
if you got the DSE sub then i would install the quadralink

Vegas69
08-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Why?

navyflyer72
08-13-2010, 05:02 AM
Why?

Why what?

Are you asking why go with the DS&E quadralink, why change the rear, I'm not understanding your question?

John Wright
08-13-2010, 05:23 AM
Love to see some pics of this car.....hint, hint

Steve68
08-13-2010, 05:44 AM
I think Todd was asking why would go with the QL versus the G Bar set up from Frank,

look at Todds build at lateral g, very informative!

ProdigyCustoms
08-13-2010, 06:34 AM
The original plan was a Prodigy Bar for ease of installation, lower labor cost. Since the project was on hold the G Link has come out and is the same cost of parts and labor to install. So I suggested a G Link for the added adjust ability.

A Quadrlink Link is basically the same cost of parts, but is a lot more labor.

The car is a trailer ornament right now (sleeping in one of my trailers) until I can work it in for somemore work. I will see if I can get a pic of the tubs.

navyflyer72
08-13-2010, 06:58 AM
I've followed Todd's build at Prodigy for awhile, (by the way, Payback is an AMAZING build!) But I have a soft spot for Black 69's. I plan on building one of these as soon as I hit the lottery...

I am leaning towards Franks suggestion of the G-link for a number of reasons... So, since I can't seem to come with any reason not to, I say go for it Frank, do the G-link, but you have to post pictures!:cheers:

Vegas69
08-13-2010, 07:31 AM
I just like a reason for making a suggestion. I took a look at the G Link first hand at a local shop last week. Nice components. I've never driven either suspension. My old G Bar rides damn nice and seems to do fine on the race track. That does require some mods.

Steve68
08-13-2010, 10:25 AM
so, who's gonna school me on the G link vs the G Bar,

I planned on running a Prodigy bar, or the G Bar, which one is it?? Frank?? which one is it?

navyflyer72
08-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I wish I could school you on this, that would mean I know ANYTHING about rear suspensions! hahaha which I obviously don't, but I do like to learn, so I will get reading. I have read a lot of what Pozzi posts on the topic.

Frank do you have any sage words about what the differences are? I say hell if it will run like a raped ape on the track I am game. But then I need a roll cage, and harnesses and a whole lot more horsepower... hold on, I do need all of that!

Steve68
08-13-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd go with yes on all the above!!

ProdigyCustoms
08-13-2010, 07:05 PM
The basic geometry of the G Bar / Prodigy Bar and G link are basically the same. The G Link is best described as a second generation G bar which is beefed up for strength and has added adjust ability. The upper and lower arms have multiple positions to change instant center / anti squat. The arms on the G Link are much thicker (larger diameter) then the original G Bar. The pivot ball ends are beefier / stronger, and there is a offset option for the lower arms that moves the arms inboard for better tire clearance on mini tub cars.

navyflyer72
08-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Sounds good to me. I'm a big fan of strength, so I'm sticking with the G Link. Thanks for the input Frank.

Can't wait for an update/pics.

Steve68
08-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Cool, thanks Frank, Looks we'll be doing the same style rear suspension,

navyflyer72
08-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Nice, I'm in good company then! :)

Steve68
08-16-2010, 05:40 AM
I just have to get with Frank in ordering the kit,

navyflyer72
08-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Ditto, I just have to convince Frank that Flyin' Blind can bring attention... anyone interested in doing an article?!? I have a solid story already written, just need to get a magazine interested in publishing it.

C'mon I know there are some connected folks on here...

navyflyer72
11-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Frank, what's the chance we can get some pics and an update on Flyin' Blind now that SEMA is over? Mini Tubs were installed in March, sub frame connectors were done somewhere around June... waiting for pics... or an update... or anything. With me leaving for Afghanistan in January for a year I was really hoping to have her before then, but it looks like that is a lost cause at this point. Even if you did put her in the shop and make her a priority I would get her in the middle of winter. To say that I am disappointed is a huge understatement. I have been about as excited as anyone on here who has had a car at your place to get work done. I have also been more than patient. You've had my Camaro since January 2008. I have been emailing since August 2008 that I have the money to finish off everything we had talked about (after I got back from Afghanistan last time). So now I need to see some progress, since I have not seen anything yet. I don't think there is anyone on here who would say I am asking for too much to see some progress pictures and an update after almost 3 years. If I lived in Orlando I would just drive over, but I am in Maryland and am in workups for a long deployment, so you can see that my schedule is very full. Everyone on here wants to see the pics also, so since you are in the winter season I'm sure you can find time to send someone in to snap a few pictures.

Texan
11-15-2010, 09:35 AM
3 months now with no pics or updates? Gulp!
Hopefully it will be good news when you finally see or hear something...

navyflyer72
11-16-2010, 05:42 AM
I wish it had only been three months, it's been almost 3 years without pictures. Try going that long without seeing your project when you are imagining all the great things that Prodigy is supposed to be doing to her... it is painful to say the least. The only thing keeping me going is Frank's demonstrated work quality and reputation. Otherwise I would have been pulling up with a truck and trailer a long time ago.

I am trusting Frank and the crew at Prodigy more than I would almost any other shop... I have no reason not to trust them, but my patience is wearing out. I'm all about having the work done right, but I am also all about getting my car back.

ProdigyCustoms
11-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Well, I have been patient trying to figure out exactly how to respond to this, or whether to respond to it at all.

This is absolutely the exact 180 degree WRONG approach to squeezing your car back into the system.

I will say I WILL NOT post all YOUR dirty laundry unless I am pushed any farther. I have too much class for that.

But I guess at this point I am left with little choice to respond so.................

Let's lay this out.

(1) I am not the one that broke this agreement

(2) You have not called or emailed me since 8/30

(3) We were working like crazy on your project, your car would have been done ahead of schedule had I not been completely blindsided when you could not pay even your parts bill

(4) We were buying all your parts, with our money to the tune of over $20K

(5) You could not pay even for the parts

(6) I have a HUGE email trail on this. I won't post the emails between your wife and I but lets just acknowledge your wife was more surprised then me to find out about the bills

(7) Your wife asked if your car could go on hold and wanted the car to be sold

(8) You did catch up your parts bill and I am holding a labor bill of $5K or so that I have not even asked for. that $5K IS NOT a sticking point BTW as I mentioned I have not even asked for it, but you need to understand I still proceed forward in good faith. Even though I think based on the previous circumstances it would be fair to request payment in advance.

(9) You informed me earlier in the year that you now have the money to finish the car

(10) I explained we had tons of other work going on and I would have to SQUEEZE you through the system now

(11) I WILL NOT punish my present customers that have done nothing wrong and push their car back and force yours in front of them because now you have the money.

(12) We have done the mini tubs and frame rails and I do owe you those pics, but as I mentioned in a post above your car is sleeping in the trailer. And to be honest since I have not heard from you in 3 months I have not thought about your pics

(13) I told you that even though we had a labor increase of $10 per hour since out original agreement that since I was going to SQUEEZE you through the shop and NOT disrupt my current good paying customers, I would honor the original rate

(14) I have not charged or threatened one pennies storage even though state guidelines are $35 for indoor storage per day

(15) You were supposed to be here in June to see your tubs in person, no show, no call

(16) You obviously forgot, My phone number is 407 832 1752. I suggest you let me cool down before calling.

parsonsj
11-16-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm locking this thread. Only George and Frank may post. If either of you wish to post, PM me and I'll unlock the thread for you and then lock it back up.

This is the standard policy here at PT.com when we have a customer/shop dispute; the idea is to keep other posters from piling on and muddying the waters.

jp

ProdigyCustoms
11-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Pulled it out of the trailer for pics today

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif