PDA

View Full Version : Rear subframe on a 67 Camaro

67-Camaro
06-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey guys so we removed the front clip and the rear end from my camaro and I was wondering if I should also remove the rear subframe or leave it in. We want to install a DSE subframe connector and also sand blast the whole underside...just wondering what is the best route to take

dhutton
06-17-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm not following your question. There is no removable rear subframe in a stock Camaro. The frame rails are welded in.

ProdigyCustoms
06-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Don is correct. there is not removable rear subframe. Sounds like you need a tech call. Feel free to hit me up for a phone call to get you on the right track.

opnwide
06-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Leave it in. You can drill out the spot welds and grind, grind, grind to replace the rear rails with a formed rail from CE or Chassisworks, but not worth it IMHO unless you have a lot of rot to deal with. The DSE subframe connectors fit decent with some massaging (all cars are a little different), but you'll love the finished result and are so worth it. I wouldn't consider any other unless you decide to custom build your own connectors which may or may not work for you.