PDA

View Full Version : dash ideas for a 3rd gen camaro want something differant

zippinz
06-14-2009, 05:11 AM
anyony have any ideas for a new dash for my 86 camaro ?.
I have a 97 dash ready to go in but now re thinking mybe something differant so any ideas out there?.
Bob

zippinz
06-17-2009, 02:03 PM
gee thanks all..I guess if I dont have a an old car no one wants to talk///amazing

gearheads78
06-17-2009, 02:28 PM
gee thanks all..I guess if I dont have a an old car no one wants to talk///amazing

You ever think maybe no one had an answer. How about you come up with something trick and start the trend. There are probably not a whole lot of 3rd gen cars here but no use in getting upset about it.:)

zippinz
06-17-2009, 02:41 PM
You ever think maybe no one had an answer. How about you come up with something trick and start the trend. There are probably not a whole lot of 3rd gen cars here but no use in getting upset about it.:)
Well not up set..kinda used to it.
But thanks

novaderrik
06-18-2009, 12:11 AM
one word: plywood

cheapthrillz
06-18-2009, 05:01 AM
New CTS-v dash!
or maybe a new generation (2002) thunderbird dash. They look cool.

I never was a fan of the 3rd gen dashes. My 86 had a black dash and the pad was cracking and the plain-ness of it just bores you after a while.

zippinz
06-18-2009, 05:07 AM
your so right...so boring and look like crap and to find a dash cover thats not cracked,,good luck and if you do it will crack in a short time anyways,,thats why I want to change out the complete dash not just the top pad.
Thanks I really like the idea of the cts-v dash and console.like 98 up..now just to find one so i can see it the fit will be close.

Toadman
06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
^^^^ I have the same issues with a 2nd gen. Camaro dash. I'm considering a swap to a 4th gen dash & console. Although a 2009 CTS-V dash is SICK!! If someone could get that pop-up GPS wired up, it would be awesome! I see some of those cars even came with Recaro seats. Heck, while you're at it, you could swap in the supercharged V-8... Hmmmmmmmmmm