PDA

View Full Version : 69 Nova Build by Excessive Rod And Restoration

excessive
06-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey Guys ,

Im new to the site and the Pro Touring World in general and am getting started on me first PT build . I own a small shop in Spencerville Ohio called Excessive Rod and Restoration . The car is a 69 Nova and I am trying to stay under $10 grand on it so I can sell it and work my way up to a more high dollar build . Right now I am in tear down mode and have the back of the car about half cut off getting ready to order a DSE Mini Tub kit for it . I am staying with leafs on the rear but might do they're coilover conversion up front . The engine and tranny combo will be a LT1 / 4L60 unless I find a really good deal on a LS1 / 6 Speed combo . Interior will be mostly stock except for some new buckets and console and maybe some brushed aluminum accents . I have enlisted Ben Hermance to do my rendering and right now I am leaning toward a Copper color with a few different wheel and tire opions and still debating to do the trim and bumpers all satin black or with a brushed aluminum finish on all. Other than that on the outside all of the markers and locks will be filled and the bumper boltw will be smoothed . I think the $10 grand will be pretty easy to do considering I can do all the work myself in my shop. I should have most of my metal here by the end of next week to get started on reassembly . I will post pictures as much as I can . Thanks for looking , Mike

I will get some better pictures tomorrow but here is one to start ....

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2009/06/SNC00127-1.jpg?t=1244753294

GM_muscle
06-11-2009, 01:00 PM
looks like you off to a good start. keep the pics coming