PDA

View Full Version : Best Install Method Subframe Connectors?

68Formula
06-07-2009, 06:57 AM
Car is a driver. The connectors weld in the back and bolt in the front. Eventually I will tack weld the front, but for now, I'm going to keep it a bolt in.

So how should the car sit when I install the connectors? I'm guessing a 4 post lift or jackstands would twist the body, and therefore I have to figure out a way to get it lifted enough under it while it rests on all four tires?

Norm Peterson
06-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Ideally, a drive-on lift, alignment rack, or a bay that has a pit (having a spotter with a fire extinguisher suggested).

If you have a flat driveway or garage floor, you could probably get by with ramps under the front wheels (make sure the wheels aren't riding on the raised edge of most metal ramps, or use wood planks) and put two jackstands under the rear axle (make sure that the jackstands can be set to identical measured heights).

Norm

neki67
06-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Maybe this thread will give you some inspiration: https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45721&highlight=dse+stands

MonzaRacer
06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
bolt them in, drive it couple days, retighten them, do couple times THEN weld them in

Chevy
06-07-2009, 05:32 PM
We put the back on jack stands under the differential and in front we put a 2X4 under the subframe directly between the two front wheels; this was then supported by two jack stands. Seemed to work pretty well and kept our body loaded more or less the same as if it was sitting on the wheels. Left lots of room to weld.
Good luck!
Paul