PDA

View Full Version : 67 camaro pro-touring resto mod

para67camaro
06-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Well I finally decided to invest into the car of my dreams than dump money into a new car. I began in September of last year, 2008, and so far it has been great. I am in the military and well finding time in my line of work has been incredibly hard. I was leaving Japan and moving to Germany as my new duty station. So I went to shop I went to for my front suspension after my first deployment in 2003, my car is currently in Los Angeles California. I have so far swapped the front end with a DSE speed kit 3. The rear end is a custom Currie made 9 inch with a 3.89 gearing and a tru track limited-slip differential. It is kept in place by Heidt's 4 link bolt on suspension that my mechanic welded into place. The car stops with the help from Wilwood 4 piston 12.19 discs on all 4 corners. My mechanic found an 04 GTO LS1, with 21,000 miles hooked up to a 6 speed tranny, locally and got a good deal on it. So far the engine is in, the suspension and wheels are on as well. The whole suspension/under body has been powder coated. The car has been painted, I went with a dark charcoal grey metallic and black stripes. I wanted the stripes to be there but not stand out. And here comes the bad news. My mechanic recently informed me that he can no longer support his shop anymore. He is closing up and now trying to find a job. He however hooked me up with a friend of his and work is going to continue this month, June. The car is in the final stages of final assembly. I still need to run all the plumbing, brakes, clutch, and fuel. Everything electrical still has to be installed and ran. I have heard that running 68 hideaway lights is more reliable with the detroit speed electric RS headlight kit than the 67 ones I have. Any input on this? I also need to get the whole interior done. I am going to go with either corbeau GTS II seats or seats out of an 2000ish M3, only for the front and I am keeping the stock bench in the back. I am planning to do some touring of Europe with this car and take pictures of it with European sites in the background, so comfort is a big deal for me on those long trips on the autobahn. I am bringing this car to Germany, Stuttgart area, when I return from this deployment, yes it will be garaged for the winter, I have a '99 euro spec jeep grand cherokee as a dd. I will not be out of Afghanistan until mid November - early December time frame. I will go home first and drive the car before I ship it there. Anyhoo that is who I am and my cars bio for the moment.

Here is a link to my mechanics site with pictures of my car. These are a little outdated. I will upload the pics I have later when I find more time.

http://schradersspeedandstyle.com/images/Galleries/67Camaro/index.html

Anyhoo let me know what you guys thinks and any suggestions if you guys have any.

~Tony
Airborne good 'til the last drop.

platniumta
06-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Welcome aboard and that sounds like a great project you got going!

XLexusTech
06-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Welcome. I am doing the same thing putting my gauges in the radio hole. I am a bit worried that they would be too low. Let me know how it looks when you get gauges in there

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Nice!... good to see another 67 rather than a 69

para67camaro
06-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys. Yea I will let you know how it turns out.

Ralph LoGrasso
06-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Welcome to pro-touring.com, Tony.

PleaseNoSteve
06-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Good luck with the new project - welcome!

1971CHEVELLE
06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Welcome to the site keep us posted

tito.
06-13-2009, 11:18 AM
hallo i am new here i am from
neth antilles

67rsssls
06-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the site. Nice ride.

ixfn
06-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Ought to turn out nice - should be in good hands at Schraders (a Cadillac bro :cheers:).