PDA

View Full Version : Short headers 2nd Gen. 4spd.

Chicane 73
03-21-2005, 07:07 PM
I had my muffler shop order a set of short headers for my Camaro to replace the long style on there now. The headers arrived and the guys could not get them to work,due to a problem with the linkage for the 4 speed tranny. Hedman said they don't make shorty headers for this application. They finally said they would make a set for me but it would take a month to do it. I'm not unhappy about the deal but have you run into this? The guys said they tried several diff. co's. and they got the same response.

zbugger
03-21-2005, 07:43 PM
That's just how it is. Usually, I would recommend swapping to a hydraulic clutch setup. cool that they said they could make you some to work with the mechanical stuff though.

Travis B
03-22-2005, 08:52 AM
That's just how it is. Usually, I would recommend swapping to a hydraulic clutch setup. cool that they said they could make you some to work with the mechanical stuff though.

I am doing the same thing on my 64' Chevelle! I couldn't find any shorties either so I am going to switch it over to a hydrualic set up! :seizure: :seizure: :seizure:

Chicane 73
03-22-2005, 03:03 PM
The headers are not on the car yet but I'm hoping everything will work out okay.

70ptta
05-06-2005, 11:08 AM
i had sanderson shorties on my 70 rs 4 speed and they fit fine ill try to see if i saved any pics

USAZR1
05-06-2005, 02:54 PM
I've run Sanderson shorties on a big block 68 El Camino and really liked them,too.