PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro owners I need some help.

camaro2nv
05-31-2009, 08:23 AM
My Project car came just as a shell and nothing more. After seeing another member sell speaker boxes Ive decided Im also going to offer some. Heres the workings of a 10in rear sub box. This is the early stage of fiberglass work. But it gives you a basic idea of what Im after. The box will fit in the corner and is form fit that way it doesnt take up much trunk space.
Next Ill be working on kick panels up front. Problem is my car has no interior so Im not sure whats in the driver and passenger side area's. Heres a picture of what Im talking about. If some one can shoot me a pic of this area it would help a lot.

Chad-1stGen
05-31-2009, 10:17 AM
Drivers side you have to worry about stock parking brake pedal and mechanism. Passenger side is pretty open unless you get really wild then you have to worry about interference from evap boxes assuming vintage air or classic is used.

No pics atm sorry.

camaro2nv
06-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Heres what I have so far. Its just the inner structure so it not much to look at. This just shows how I used the area and got my air space. As soon as I test these in a car with a ebrake Ill finish em.

camaro2nv
06-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Another

camaro2nv
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Big thanks to gear head garage and the guys at the shop. Jason from gearhead let me come down and do a test run in a car and the guys gave me some feedback. Looks like the pods up front wont work with the stock ebrake. So for now this project is on hold.
Ill keep going on the rear sub box. Again thanks to Jason and the crew!

Chris 68
07-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Any progress? Any chance for a 12" sub box?