PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Drivers

JEFFTATE
05-20-2009, 07:13 AM
I thought I'd mention how far some of the participants drove ::

Ron Schwarz , Jarrettsville MD. , 718 MILES each way.
Mark Janos , Rolla MO. , 623 Miles each way.
Wayne Hameetman , Fort Myers FL. , 618 Miles each way.
Michael Tucker , Hamlet NC. , 359 Miles each way.
Payton King , Charlotte NC. , 273 Miles each way.
Andrew Borodin , Bowling Green KY , 272 Miles each way
Chris German , Cleveland TN. , 240 Miles each way ( If you count three trips down from Cleveland )

Thanks Guys !!

Payton King
05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
a down pour for 6 hours so I think mine should be changed to nautical miles. I did not drive over 60 knotts for most of the trip. Oh yea, with no hood on my car. It should only take about a month to clean that up.

I did pick up hinges and a BRAND NEW spring for the safety catch. LOL

BonzoHansen
05-20-2009, 11:09 AM
^lol

JEFFTATE
05-20-2009, 01:17 PM
a down pour for 6 hours so I think mine should be changed to nautical miles. I did not drive over 60 knotts for most of the trip. Oh yea, with no hood on my car. It should only take about a month to clean that up.

I did pick up hinges and a BRAND NEW spring for the safety catch. LOL

Sorry man ,
You'll probably never come back ..... LOL

Tucks69
05-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I thought I'd mention how far some of the participants drove ::

Ron Schwarz , Jarrettsville MD. , 718 MILES each way.
Mark Janos , Rolla MO. , 623 Miles each way.
Wayne Hameetman , Fort Myers FL. , 618 Miles each way.
Michael Tucker , Hamlet NC. , 359 Miles each way.
Payton King , Charlotte NC. , 273 Miles each way.
Andrew Borodin , Bowling Green KY , 272 Miles each way
Chris German , Cleveland TN. , 240 Miles each way ( If you count three trips down from Cleveland )

Thanks Guys !!

It was well worth the trip Jeff and David. I am hooked on the autocross now. Maybe I can pay my 69 some attention, and bring it next year.
We drove home in the pouring rain also. My wife and friends that came also enjoyed it. Especially the meeting out under the canopy of the motel!!
I plan on attending RTTH5 with the 68, but with power steering! I had to take my wedding ring off to keep it from getting hung sawing on the wheel!!
My wife and I have been talking to the track owners here in Rockingham, they are both open to bringing an event here. I will post a thread after I go check out the 2 new tracks that have been built behind the speedway. They built a 1/2 mile oval with a 1/4 mile oval inside of it. I may need some advice from You and David as well as Bill.
Mike

JEFFTATE
05-21-2009, 04:57 AM
It was well worth the trip Jeff and David. I am hooked on the autocross now. Maybe I can pay my 69 some attention, and bring it next year.
We drove home in the pouring rain also. My wife and friends that came also enjoyed it. Especially the meeting out under the canopy of the motel!!
I plan on attending RTTH5 with the 68, but with power steering! I had to take my wedding ring off to keep it from getting hung sawing on the wheel!!
My wife and I have been talking to the track owners here in Rockingham, they are both open to bringing an event here. I will post a thread after I go check out the 2 new tracks that have been built behind the speedway. They built a 1/2 mile oval with a 1/4 mile oval inside of it. I may need some advice from You and David as well as Bill.
Mike

I'm glad your wife and friends came.
It's good to meet people.
Let us know about that Rockingham event..

Thanks Michael