PDA

View Full Version : baers on 12 bolt rear

coolclassiccars
03-20-2005, 04:58 AM
starting on my rear(12 bolt) rear brakes are on the way,my question is the rear disc set up has a braided hose is there a bracket that gets welded to the rear housing?housing is blasted and striped,i'm ready to prime it and paint it, and assemble it. front suspensoin is done,except for the disc setup. :fingersx:

rocketrod
03-20-2005, 07:49 AM
I am getting ready to assemble the same setup today. I bought a 12 bolt rear axle brake hose bracket from Classic Industries, part # HC68, for about $14 plus S&H. It uses a bolt on the differential cover to secure the bracket to the differential. Then you use a bolt to secure the hose, distribution block, to the bracket. You could make the bracket yourself if you want to save a few $$.

coolclassiccars
03-20-2005, 11:52 AM
i already have that bracket,i'm talking about the hose off of the caliper to the steel line at the wheel end. do you get a small bracket to weld on to the housing? :hmm:

rocketrod
03-20-2005, 01:38 PM
i already have that bracket,i'm talking about the hose off of the caliper to the steel line at the wheel end. do you get a small bracket to weld on to the housing? :hmm:

In the Baer kit you get that bracket which is attached to a large hose clamp which you secure around the axle tube. If you decide to tack weld the bracket on instead make sure you mock up the rearend with brakes and rear suspension to ensure everything fits.

PIMP
03-25-2005, 02:07 PM
hey cool . give me some info on that chevelle . i have one i am going to start on . there are not alot of guys wit them on here. what did you do to the suspension ? i see you said you had it finished ? anyone with any other help on chevelles would be great . i want to get started

derekf
03-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Plenty of Chevelle folks around.

Only a vague hijack of your post - does anyone have a source for the wheel-end hose bracket tabs like Baer supplies? I imagine I'll be needing a couple in the near future....

protour_chevelle
03-25-2005, 08:38 PM
This is on a 10 bolt, but its all the same.

-Matt

MrQuick
03-26-2005, 10:58 AM
Derek, I can make the brackets for you if you want...they are weld on tho, 8 bucks a pair?

derekf
03-26-2005, 08:10 PM
That's acceptable (assuming plus shipping, if that includes shipping then it's better than acceptable). PM me the details on how to get you the cash.