PDA

View Full Version : Power steering brakets??

68BNUT
03-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey guys I just got all the parts to put power steering on my 68 camaro with a 350 engine and LONG water pump, can someone post up some pics of how the 3 brakets are supposed to be bolted on ??? ive got the on that goes on to the steering pump on but im a little confused on the other two.

thanks in advance

David Pozzi
03-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Most often, the pump hangs off a boss on the water pump. You need an early long water pump for that.
David

68BNUT
03-19-2005, 01:39 PM
oh great yeah i just reallized that the hole on the side of the water pump isnt open all the way through its treaded at the begining. im looking for some exploded views but no luck yet

David Pozzi
03-19-2005, 03:46 PM
One bracket bolts to the pump and hangs it from the water pump. I believe there is a thick washer spacer between it and the pump front bolt.
The other bracket with slot bolts to the front of the pump and wraps around it, it goes on the 2 or 3 oclock position when facing the pulley side of the pump.

There is another bracket that bolts to the motor mount and runs up to the exhaust manifold bolt. I think it requires a spacer for the top hole, if you have headers.

You can make a flat plate off the cyl heads for a substitute for this plate, I have a pic of that below.
David

68BNUT
03-19-2005, 05:05 PM
ok thanks I like the bracket idea, it was the bracket from the motor mount to the exhaust manifold that was givin me fits!! finally got a buddy on the phone while I was standing there in front of the car holding the bracket. once i did it right I was like DOHHH!!! thanks for the help pozzi, I still may and just make a bracket like you have.