PDA

View Full Version : f body resto ?'s

restified original
03-18-2005, 11:56 AM
hi, new to board

resto'ing a 68 firebird conv...need to brace door openings prior to replacing pans/inner rockers...looking for any available made-to-measure brace, but have been unable to locate...i can fab my own bracing, but need a spec or simple measurement for the door opening, just a jamb-to-jamb distance measured from straight car(s) should be good...i have reason to believe that my car may already be off, as the doors weren't opening/closing well...maybe one measurement at top and another lower down, to the forwardmost part of the rear jamb...any help would be appreciated; i've kind of been bouncing around...

another q.- is there any known solution for dumping the heavy 'shaker' vibration dampeners? obviously i'm doing subframe connectors...any ideas?

JLM
03-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I beleive the doors are same length throughout the first gens. I'll check measurments on my 69 bird after work tonight and post them up for you. My doors close perfect (better than my mustang...they just don't build em like they used to) so the specs should be spot on.