PDA

View Full Version : Yet another 2nd Gen Camaro, "TorkersCamaro" C4 rear brake ?

MikeDVC
03-18-2005, 08:56 AM
I'm planning to follow the rear brake conversion as shown on http://www.geocities.com/torkerscamaro/torker.html. I have found a Camaro at the local junk yard, door sticker has a date of 10/95. Someome has already taken out the rear ring and pinion gears, so the axles have already been removed. I'm just need to undo the brake lines, emer. brake cables and unbolt the brackets.

One reason I'm going this route (instead of the 79-81 trans am conversion) is because I already have SSBC front slotted rotors and wanted to use their rear rotors as well; SSBC has a stock diamension 95 Camaro rear slotted rotor, but not for the 79-81 Trans Am.

Two things I'm not clear on from the Torker website, he references "Z/28" parts vs. Camaro parts; is there any difference? I assume the z/28 may have larger rotors, but not sure. SSBC's website doesn't specify Z/28, just "Camaro stock diamensions".

Secondly, does this conversion work with 16" wheels? The Torker Camaro references 16" front wheels, but doen't mention anything about the rears. I assume he's running the same size onthe front and back, but you know what happens when you ASSUME !!!:moon:

MrQuick
03-18-2005, 06:04 PM
they should be fine with 16s depending on the type of rims you use.
Also one thing to look out for is parking brake bracket clearence to shock and spring. I had to modify my bracket abit to to get it to fit.

CarlC
03-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Who are those guys on his website?

The Z-28 referance is used in order to get the correct parts. There may be smaller disks available on other models, but the Z-28 parts are for sure correct.

16's will fit with no problem on the Z-28 caliper package.

You may run into shock problems if yours has a staggered shock arrangement.

MikeDVC
03-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the info, to play it safe I'll get the Z/28 parts. Um? there is a Carl C. on that website, and a Carl C. on this site... a strange coincidence????

chicane67
03-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Well, they both have shaved heads........lol

CarlC
03-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Better aerodynamics, less drag.

MikeDVC
03-26-2005, 10:28 PM
My Camaro does have staggered shocks, I noticed that the site addresses that issue.

Thanks for the info.